I was in a Bus Accident

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

RedHandedJill

I was in a Bus Accident

Post by RedHandedJill » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:40 pm

ok.... so because I feel like you are all my Aunts and sisters and friends I will preface this with

I AM OK!!!!

I take the bus to go to my school which is about 1hr and a half to take when driving would only take 45min.... I Think that I have mentioned/ complained about this on here at least once

well it was snowing pretty good this morning and I was considering just driving to school since I knew that the bus would be late. I didn't because my mom asked me not to and just took the bus anyway.

about an hour into my commute my bus swerved (I think that is how you spell it) and hit the brakes and an brand new SUV hit the middle doors of the bus braking the glass and totalling the SUV.

everyone on the bus was fine I think that the driver in the SUV was fine. it was just nerve racking!! My lovely teacher has a quiz everyday in my class so I had to call him and let him know I was going to be late.

we got in the reck about 9:00am the bus is suppose to get to my school at 9:24am...... I got to school at 10:40am

in all of this I was sitting there a little bit shaky thinking.. "didn't I buy this pass so I wouldn't get into an accident in the snow"

CRAZY!!!

I am fine my neck hurts but I think that was because of something else not the accident. anyway! interesting stuff huh!

Red

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:59 pm

I heard a report on the radio about a chartered busload of skiers, I think, in Utah, who had a HORRIBLE accident in snow, and I did think of our poor little Jill. I'm glad you weren't on that one--and statistically speaking, I think you're now pretty well inoculated for life!
Go carefully!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:00 pm

So glad you're okay, RHJ. If you're going to get broadsided, a bus is what you want to be in. Hope you were able to take the quiz after the shake-up.

Helen

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:18 pm

Thank God you're fine! You know for a brief moment I was scared reading the topic of the thread!

Take care,

~me

(Okay so I'm going back to watch tv because "Friends with Money" is being broadcasted now, at this right moment on HBO here in Brazil and I've never seen it before). *smiles*

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:16 pm

Poor Red!

I'm just glad no one was hurt.
Too bad about the SUV though. I'll bet the driver's none too happy.

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 pm

Just very happy that you are alright Red!! :hug :hug People can usually buy a new vehicle but we need our dear ladies!!

Kate

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:55 am

Glad you are OK - but don't be surprised if your neck is sore from the accident - all your muscles tend to go rigid in an accident - it's a natural reaction. Hopefully you will feel fine in a few days but you might want to put a heating pad on it and take some kind of anti-inflamatory to help. (I went through two really nasty car accidents and my neck got the worst of it both times!)

I would not let that put you off riding the bus. Car accidents are BAD - thank goodness the SUV driver was OK. I just saw a double roll over where both drivers died - one in an SUV and one in a pickup truck. Very sad as both were young.

RedHandedJill

Post by RedHandedJill » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 pm

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I just love how we have our own little family!

Red

Return to “General Forum”