Jason News

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:51 pm

http://www.coolfotodudes.com/video/rfbr ... o_rfbr.htm

Mr Jason signing autographs at the Sept 07 premiere of
'Run Fat Boy Run"....

For Lady Lucius: You go girl!! LOL

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:01 pm

http://www.brightonomicon.netfirms.com/multimedia.htm

BBC Audio series, done last fall....

"This is the tale of two incredible people - one who knows he is incredible and the other who learns to be incredible. Set in 1960 in Brighton, self-styled guru and magus Hugo Rune rescues a young man from drowning and persuades him to become his assistant and partner in solving 12 mysteries. Rizla (for such is the young man's assumed name) agrees to help as he has lost his memory and has nowhere else to go. There then follows 12 of the most baffling, surreal, exciting, head-scratching and downright far-fetched mysteries ever written...all based in and around the suburbs of Brighton.Across the mysteries Rizla and the audience learn about the Brighton zodiac, the chronovision, time travel, centaurs, a dastardly plot where the NHS kidnap vagrants for body parts, space pirates, the real history of Victorian Britain, Brighton pirates and the fate that awaits mankind should Hugo Rune fail in his task. And of course, there's a very bad man involved indeed - Hugo Rune's arch-nemesis of the ages, Count Otto Black - who wants to rule the world (what else!) You will never hear anything else quite like this in your lifetime. Yet another slice of far-fetched fiction in the Rankin tradition."

http://www.play.com/Books/AudioBooks/4- ... oduct.html

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:41 am

Brilliant bit of news there, Kim! Thanks!

BTW, Sproutlore says that Jason will play Tobes de Valois. Who this character is or where in the play he turns up is unknown (haven't read through their forums yet), BUT .. he does play a good guy.

P.S. - David Warner and Andy Serkis are also onboard, which I think is fantastic as I like both.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:02 am

*Rowf*!!!
Nice photo!
Run, FatBoy, Run was playing on our flight over. What a silly movie. Also Simon Pegg makes the least convincing fat person ever. Lots of footage along the Thames, though--I kept thinking, ooh, the Lost Girls walked there! and there! and . . .

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Hello,

Although I created an account months ago, I've been lurking.

I wanted to start my first post with praise at what a great board this is: respectful, yet full of good stuff about Jason Isaacs.

My reason for de-lurking is that I found an article in the Guardian about JI this evening.

I don't know if I am able post a link right off the bat, (other boards like you to have posted a number before linking).

So, if anyone is interested, google Guardian uk and there is a link, with a photo the article from the main page. He talks about Brotherhood for the most part but I thought it was general enough to include here.
I hope this is ok.

cheers
fruitbat :D

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Hello fruitbat, and welcome!!

thanx so much for telling us about this wonderful interview with
Mr Jason...here is the link...

http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/fea ... e_continue

I encourage everyone to read this interview,
it's SMASHING...he is such a fabulous guy

:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks and welcome, fruitbat!
And thanks too to Kim for sorting it out!

(Fruitbat--and that's an adorable image, by the way--I suspect that's an anti-spamming measure that we have yet to resort to, God be praised. As far as I know you should feel free to link away!)

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:47 pm

Welcome to you "fruitbat'...always happy to have a new Jason Fan and you come bearing wonderful news!! :hug

Thank you dear Kj for aiding us in finding this wonderful link to a fabulous article about our dear Jason....whom we love more and more!!!:hug

Hugs,
Kate

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:29 am

Finally went and read that one--it was indeed far more personal and substantial than the typical E! online interview, but I have a real problem with this assertion: "winning a role in the gritty US drama Brotherhood salvaged his career".
According to the article, when Peter Pan 'flopped' (their word), JI was rendered "box office poison", and it took Brotherhood to revive his stock. Well, I went and looked, and after Peter Pan, he did
New France, Crash, Nine Lives, Friends with Money, The Chumscrubber, and Tennis, Anyone . . . ?
He did another appearance as Lucius Malfoy, arguably uninfluenced.
After his career was reincarnated, he filmed
Grindhouse, Good, and the El Escorial Conspiracy
as well as another Harry Potter and The State Within, neither of which is really a Hollywood project.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it.
Neither am I seeing much about Good, but that's another rant. :-|

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:03 am

Perhaps when Jason says Box-office poison he is referring to studio projects as opposed to smaller indy projects. A lot of bad stuff came together to make Peter Pan less sucessful than it should have been. The biggest being Disney's pull out from promoting the film. I would hardly have laid the blame at any of the actor's doorsteps. However I know Robert Lindsay had a similar falling out with Hollywood after a terrible flop and he was so put off by the whole thing he stayed away from Hollywood for his entire career (to this point at least.)

The article was great - thanks fruitbat!!!!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:47 am

..and remember how poor promotion/publicity Peter Pan had? They should blame the marketing people and not the actors. Especially Jason had so much critical praises for his double roles.

:twisted:

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Oh dear Char, I certainly agree with you in that the film was marketed poorly..the blame is wrongly placed!! :-(

Jason was "FANTASTIC" in his dual role...I saw it numerous times and the audiences loved it!!

Hugs,
Kate

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Thank you (and welcome), Fruitbat, for finding this article, and to Kim for posting it. This was a very in-depth interview. Jason really opened up, giving us some insight into how and where these villains that he portrays so well come from. Everybody's got a story.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:29 pm

Greetings, fruitbat! And thanks for the alert!

BTW, there's also a small piece about Jason in today's Daily Mail ...

Back to the Globes, Jason Isaacs, nominated for BBC drama The State Within, flew with his wife Emma and two children last weekend to prepare for the run-up to the Globes ceremony...only to find it scrapped.

The actor, who also plays Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films, told me: "I wouldn't have crossed the picket line, but the nominee in me feels sick in the stomach.

"I'd been joking for weeks with Jimmy Nesbitt about how much we were looking forward to all that free food."

And further to the previous article ...
I have to wonder if the email he mentioned wasn't directed at Hugh Laurie.
If anyone knows what it's like to be tied up in a long running series, it'd be him.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:38 pm

that is the same actor I thought of as well, Gillian...

wow, what a flight from London to LA...one of those 12 hour dozies...
YIKES, how do you keep 2 little ones occupied for that long of time??

Return to “General Forum”