Jason News

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I too, thought Jason was referring to Hugh Laurie as he's mentioned the stress of being separated from his family while working in LA.

As for Peter Pan: I was surprised to see it listed on Jason's imdb page as I'd had no idea there was even another Peter Pan film made. It must have been poorly advertised.

As to his role of Sir Mark Brydon, I wouldn't have characterized him as "ethically challenged".

I am disappointed that the GGs were cancelled but sort of relieved to hear that Jason wouldn't have crossed the picket line anyway.

Thanks for the DM link, Gillian. I'm a fan of the two James', Nesbitt and McAvoy, as well. :hands

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:32 pm

It must have been poorly advertised.
It was terrible. I don't remember any publicity three weeks prior to release. And this after one whole year filming in Australia.

You should definitely check out the Peter Pan DVD, fruitbat. It's a great film, plus one of the extra's is a video diary by Jason.
A definite must see for any fan.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:15 pm

There was initially some talk of Disney distributing (?) it, which allegedly fell through due to fall-out over their reluctance to pay/continue to pay some form of royalty to Great Ormond Street Hospital, to which J.M. Barrie signed over all rights. They later denied this was the reason, but anybody else who had been interested had probably been scared off by the Mighty Mouse, and then after it was kicked to the curb, nobody else was going to step in.
Promotion was pitiful, merchandising--which should have been an utter no-brainer--was limited to a 12" doll of Tinkerbell and a plush toy of Nana.
Oh, and Gillian found us some semi-licit Russian chocolate--you can see a pic here: http://jasonisaacsonline.com/page8.html
By the time any of this was going down, I suppose P.J. Hogan was already off to the next thing--and couldn't do much about it anyway. . . there were articles with JI--he works like a navvy doing promo stuff--but it was not enough. Check it out though, it's a charming film, with smashing special effects and some delightful performances.

I'm just a tad dubious about the report that JI was off to LA last week--they were talking about ditching broadcast of an awards show AGES ago. I suppose he's about due for a big schmooze-fest, and I guess last week Lily would still have been out of school for the holidays, but still . . .
wow, what a flight from London to LA...one of those 12 hour doozies...
YIKES, how do you keep 2 little ones occupied for that long of time??
Aah, having just returned from a nine-hour iteration off that very thing, I can easily tell you: by parking them in the seat behind me and letting them kick me in the kidneys every four minutes. Unless they're 14 months old, in which case they get to spend the flight shrieking randomly.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:26 am

as of yesterday, Mr Jason was still in LA

www.gettyimages.com

do a Jason Isaacs search, and you will see pics from yesterday...
One pic is with Kevin Chapman (Freddie Cork) from Brotherhood...

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 am

Gillian wrote:
It must have been poorly advertised.
It was terrible. I don't remember any publicity three weeks prior to release. And this after one whole year filming in Australia.

You should definitely check out the Peter Pan DVD, fruitbat. It's a great film, plus one of the extra's is a video diary by Jason.
A definite must see for any fan.
Gillian,

I have seen Peter Pan. I have always thought the Peter Pan story to be, well, kind of creepy, although I can't explain exactly why.

Jason was very good in it, though, showing a nice contrast with his dual roles and his video diary was a great addition.

(Peter Pan was one the dvds I bought in a Jason-frenzy. I thought I would ease myself into this board with posts about one Jason-project at a time in case you all worried that I was a trifle unbalanced.)

Let me assure you: I am not.
:pig (Still working out this board's smileys.)

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:00 pm

as of yesterday, Mr Jason was still in LA
Well hush ma mouth.
I like how fluffy his hair looks in those shots.
in case you all worried that I was a trifle unbalanced
Good God, not that!!!! :monkeybutt

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:33 pm

KJ thoughtfully sent on the following, during the Black-out:
http://www.projo.com/business/content/B ... 14607.html
It's a nice article talking about the impact the filming of projects like Brotherhood have had on Providence.

And here's a photo of JI collecting a new phone during some Hollywood schmooze-fest or other--the article claims that this isn't just a swag-collection opportunity, it's a charitable event! which I totally don't begin to grasp, but not moving in those circles that's not to be wondered at:
http://blog.palm.com/palm/2008/01/access-hollywoo.html

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Gillian,

I have seen Peter Pan.
Gah!
I'm a 'tard.
KJ thoughtfully sent on the following, during the Black-out:
Great article. I learned more about the issues surrounding the writer's strike there than I have anywhere else.

And then there's this ...

“There’s a fear the companies are so stubborn and pigheaded they will do things that will not only hurt us, they will hurt themselves. It’s like stabbing yourself repeatedly in the chest with a fork so that when the cannibals come, they can’t use your skin to make a good canoe.â€

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:20 am

Mr Jason, STILL IN LA AND WEARING A TUX...

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing ... &PageNum=1

info about Gday USA

http://www.advance.org/en/art/?2300

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks, Kim! There's also a few more images over at Getty. (If the link doesn't work, just do a search.)

BTW, Daniel Radcliffe is also taking part in a cricket match today as part of the G'Day USA festivities. Perhaps Jason might attend so he can cheer on his castmate.

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2008/ ... atch-in-la

Edit: More pics of Jason's recent trip to LA can also be found at Hutchins Photo Agency.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Ooh, looking trim and *very very fit*!!
As I seem to be on a bit of a kick of "Six Degreeism", permit me to note that in one of the GDay shots (shouldn't that be "G'day"?), he's seen with Melissa George, erstwhile co-star of Stopped Power.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:39 pm

And here's a photo of JI collecting a new phone during some Hollywood schmooze-fest or other--the article claims that this isn't just a swag-collection opportunity
Awe - that Jason is such a swag whore!!! ;-)

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:12 am

Does anyone know if Jason played in the G'Day USA cricket match?

I'm too lazy to find out. It was Australia vs England (ie expat Australians and retired cricket players vs anything with a Pom accent they could round up on the west coast of the USA).

Orkine

Post by Orkine » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 am

What it's "the G'Day" ?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:53 am

Orkine, check this out: http://www.australia-week.com/

Aussies promoting things Australian.
I wish I could say something acerbic about Australia's performance in recent cricket matches, but caring not at all about sport, I can only offer this:
:monkeybutt

Return to “General Forum”