JI in "The End of the Affair"

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Mistress wrote:Oooh! Can I use that? 'Innocent and shit'? :D
Of course you may Miz MM! But do it before I copyright it *big cheesy grin* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:51 pm

all innocent and shit, HAHAHAHA!
I'm not really an angel...(well, NOT in this situation).

~me

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Sea Lion Woman wrote: I'll make him enjoy it! :brows :brows
That´s the Sentence of this discussion :lol Who wants to be an angel if you have Jason as a Priest, standing in front of you and asking after sins? :lol

He´s just to hot to be to brave...

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Ladies, we seemed to have strayed off topic. hhhhmmm!! :???:

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Allright back to Topic and Jason/The Priest :cool:

And by the way, I watched the Movie today again, and to be honest (I´m really honest!)...

I love the Scene were Jason and Ralph meet first Time and Jason say to his Sister "Susan"...

I´ve never, I swear never hear my Name more attractive than Jason does :wheee :hands

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:17 am

I thought I heard more than one Susan in that movie.....the Miles' housekeeper's name is Susan, Fr. Smythe's sister's name is Susan, and isn't the name of Bendrix's assistant Susan as well?
:???:

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:56 am

No need to post as a guest, marilaine. Your account's still available. Just log in.

grannybear

Re: JI in "The End of the Affair"

Post by grannybear » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Got the DVD so had to watch it again. Wish Jason's role had been bigger but enjoyed the movie.

One more DVD to add to my Jason collection. I've been getting his old ones used from amazon.com. They've all come in excellent shape and since his roles were all small it's worth buying used copies. Anyone that likes to shop the Flea Markets can find some good buys on old DVD's if you feel like hunting.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Tue May 07, 2013 12:14 pm

If you have Direct TV w/Video on Demand (VOD) - The End of the Affair is available until June 30th :D

~cadie

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:57 am

Ok watched this today and found it rather a cold experience.

Loved the we got th Jason, Ralph and Ian Hart on screen before their imersion in the world of Potter.

Like I sais I found the film emotional cold. I have no idea why as the acting was phenominal. Great producer, director and lead actors. I did keep thinking that this is going to run along the same lines and The English Patient. Man falls for another man's wife during a World War, they have a torrid affair and then she dies and I was proven correct. However the religions overtones and the notion of miricles sent it in a different direction.
Jason again was wonderful and in the best scene (The one when the husband and Bedrix meet Father Smythe to infor him of the funeral).

Loved the indignation and the need to offer solace where none was really wanted or expected.

I just wish the buttoned up feel to the movie had been allowed to be released. It felt to repressed to be enjoyable.

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”