Well, this doesn't bode well.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:47 am

Sea Lion Woman wrote:High five thundah!

I think we are one of the few people who actually adore PoA. I really thought it was amazing....yes it missed many scenes. Yes it wasnt exactly like the book...but it was a great movie.
Alfonso Cuarón is a great director who def. took raised the bar! Good job Alfonso!
Hey, nice pic!! me likes it. :D

~me

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Sea Lion Woman wrote:High five thundah!

I think we are one of the few people who actually adore PoA. I really thought it was amazing....yes it missed many scenes. Yes it wasnt exactly like the book...but it was a great movie.
Alfonso Cuarón is a great director who def. took raised the bar! Good job Alfonso!
Nice pic!

Cuarón was the only director who absolutely made it in his own style. And that's the mark of a great director. Prisoner of Azkaban is truly great filmmaking. I liked the rest of them too. but that is the best film.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 am

POA was the movie that I think got me reading the others. I saw the movie before, and was able to figure out Lupin's secret, but the whole Peter Pettigrew part is what really sparked the truth about who narced out J & L to Voldemort.
Figures his animagus form would be a rat. *ratface*
Loved the way Cuaron filmed this. Books three and four are my faves. Read them each three times, before the others were even read twice.

~ML :hands

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 pm

The thought of one scene in POA makes me sleep...everyone in the great hall. Just pretend to be on the floor, quite comfortable with people walking around, not looking at you directly, just making sure all is well :mrgreen:
MM

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Just don't get trampled to death by a Slytherin..... :XXX

(I may appear to be a Mudblood, but I'm all MALFOY!)

~ML :twisted:

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:29 pm

No...I've been in that sort of situation. I'm the one who has to get up in the middle of the night and realize no matter which way I go, someone's gonna get stood on. :oops: < More embarrassing by the fact it was a mixed group on the floor.
I'm the Slytherin who does the trampling!
:twisted: MM

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:09 pm

ML! I thought you were all CAFFEE! You is such a playa!! lol!
I'm all Malfoy! 100% essence of Malfoy. I even have a sneer! (my friend told me that today...
"Ale...you just sneered"
"Just practicing my Malfoy-ness"
"Huh?"
"Nada, you clueless muggle"

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:29 am

I'm a smirker...I can't help it. I only sneer over people I don't like trying to insult me and addressing me in the third person like 6 inches away.
Lucius is my first love.
MM

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:25 am

Mistress wrote:I'm a smirker...I can't help it. I only sneer over people I don't like trying to insult me and addressing me in the third person like 6 inches away.
My friends tell me I do sneer over people who look...weird or bums or when I don't like people... And I dont even notice it! It bothers me cuz...I dont feel I'm sneering, but I do. And sneering at bums? Bums are awesome! :oops:

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:49 am

Surely that's a time to smirk! Bums! Especially when its an 'off limits' bum eg a work-mate, actor, ect.
MM

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 pm

LOL MM! I do sneer at my fellow collegues (or however it's spelled)
Especially when we're working in our garments and someone makes a comment bout mine. Oh hail no. You dont mess with SLW's designs lol.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Especially when we're working in our garments and someone makes a comment bout mine. Oh hail no. You dont mess with SLW's designs lol.
*smiling*

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 am

I do accept constructive criticism though *wider smile*

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Same here. I'm a big English class fan. But I remember getting a copy of some of my work back and the teacher going through it with me, then realizing he didn't know why he put down some comments as they suddenly seemed irrelevant.
"You were just being picky weren't you sir?"
"No I was not! What about the wrong 'were' used on this line? Is that being picky too?"
"No sir...that is acceptable pickyness!"
One gets away with so much more as a older student. I'd have never called any of my other English teachers picky in the past...probably because I didn't get chance as they had bigger problems...why act up when some people are just better at it than you? I wasn't being good...I just couldn't compete!
MM

Wolfie

Re: Well, this doesn't bode well.

Post by Wolfie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 am

Helen8 wrote:Harry Potter fans not happy with new film

The fans were particularly upset that main characters and key plot lines were erased. There also doesn't seem to be much about the Half-Blood Prince himself... They also labelled some scenes as "pointless", reports thesun.co.uk.

http://www.deccanherald.com/DeccanHeral ... updatenews

Oh, dear!
I think I have read something like this before (other HP movies). I will wait until I have seen it myself. But I am sure I am going to like it. I just hope they haven't gone too far away from the book this time.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”