Aaaaaaargh!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Sandman

Aaaaaaargh!

Post by Sandman » Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm

I am actually beyond the point of thinking anything witty to be the freaking headline. I just need to get this out.

Next Wednesday I am taking an entance examination, I am going to be a librarian. I love the job and I am working as a trainee at the moment in out local library. That all fine and dandy. But I am so effing nrevous about the test. because I reallly really wanna be a librarian... and I am so afraid that I will screw this one up too... like I have done in the past. I am afraid that I will have to watch another dream die. It feels like a bullet, believe darlings I know. Been there, done that got the t-shirt.

Secondly. Money is so freaking tight that I do not know what to do and it is keeping me awake at nights. Being an adult SUUUUUUCKS!

Thirdly my best friend has some troubles in her life and I do not know how to held her. She is so important to me that I cannot help, but feel her pain. And now I am in pain and I do not know if it's my own or hers. I wish I could hug her right now and tell her that everything is going to be okay. I wish I could make her a cup of hot chocolate and watch chick flicks... but I can't. I want to kick, hit, maim the people who dare to hurt someone I think as mine. :shh

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Believe me, Sandman, I know how that feels. To have someone be hurt by someone else, and not have any power to help them other than to lend them an ear and a shoulder.
Don't fret so much about the librarian's exam. Just review everything until the big day, and then you can breathe easier when you totally get it.
Good luck, and God Bless. :hug

~ML *kisses*

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed May 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Oh, Sandman, don't really know what to say, but good luck at your exam, I'll keep my fingers crossed.! :hug

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Re: Aaaaaaargh!

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed May 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Sandman wrote: Thirdly my best friend has some troubles in her life and I do not know how to held her. She is so important to me that I cannot help, but feel her pain. And now I am in pain and I do not know if it's my own or hers. I wish I could hug her right now and tell her that everything is going to be okay. I wish I could make her a cup of hot chocolate and watch chick flicks... but I can't. I want to kick, hit, maim the people who dare to hurt someone I think as mine. :shh
I totally understand you too. I had the same problems with a friend of mine and everytime I saw the person that hurt her, it made me wanna bite his head off.
Have you tried to help her in any way? Just always let her know that you love her and that you're always gonna be there for her (it's kinda hard to give you an advice because idk what type of problem it is...you don't have to tell us though)
just let her know you're always gonna be there for her.

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Wed May 27, 2009 2:43 pm

I don't think I can tell you without betraying her trust.
I called her three times today just to make sure she was still hanging in there. And she knows I love her just as she is and she can call me day or night. I know that all I can do for her is to lend an ear and offer a shoulder to cry on. She knows she can lean on me when she needs it as I know that she will be there for me when I need it.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Like I said before, you don't have to tell us. What you told us is enough.
I really feel for her and for you because I've being in your situation before and I know how you feel.
Just keep doing what you're doing, and try to give her the best advice you can possibly give her.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed May 27, 2009 7:38 pm

I second the recommendation to prep as much as you can--then you just gotta have faith!
Is it possible that you could retake the test if something happens and you don't do well? Maybe if you knew that, your nerves could settle down a little. We have faith!!!

fruitbat

Re: Aaaaaaargh!

Post by fruitbat » Wed May 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Sandman wrote:I am actually beyond the point of thinking anything witty to be the freaking headline. I just need to get this out.

Next Wednesday I am taking an entance examination, I am going to be a librarian. I love the job and I am working as a trainee at the moment in out local library. That all fine and dandy. But I am so effing nrevous about the test. because I reallly really wanna be a librarian... and I am so afraid that I will screw this one up too... like I have done in the past. I am afraid that I will have to watch another dream die. It feels like a bullet, believe darlings I know. Been there, done that got the t-shirt.
Sandman, don't panic, you've got a week to prepare. Just do a bit everyday and enter the exam hall with confidence! Image
Secondly. Money is so freaking tight that I do not know what to do and it is keeping me awake at nights. Being an adult SUUUUUUCKS!
Um, yeah. I got nuthin'. Image
Thirdly my best friend has some troubles in her life and I do not know how to held her. She is so important to me that I cannot help, but feel her pain. And now I am in pain and I do not know if it's my own or hers. I wish I could hug her right now and tell her that everything is going to be okay. I wish I could make her a cup of hot chocolate and watch chick flicks... but I can't. I want to kick, hit, maim the people who dare to hurt someone I think as mine. :shh
As you say in your later post on this thread, you are there for your friend and she knows it; you are helping her. Image

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed May 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Sometimes the best thing you can do for a friend is just to be there.

And seconding everyone's recommendations on your exam.
Don't cram the last minute. That's the worst thing you can do.

Just remember the old saying, "Keep calm and carry on."

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Fri May 29, 2009 2:17 pm

That's the thing, I cannot cram. Because there isn't any books or anything. The test situation is that you go there, you have two hours to do the written part... and since they invitation says that one does not have to prepare beforehand. So I think they are going to give us the material and we have to work on that. I think. Then there's a break and then we go in and talk in a group for five hours (maximum). It's weird, but that is what the paper says. So it does nothing to calm my nerves. :bang

I try not to think about the money situation. Out of sight out of mind... it's not working though. But I have a plan. I am going to take it one day at a time and if I do not survive on my own, I'll ask for help. Though it is never nice. Specially for someone who is as proud as I am. Though I got only myself to blame.

My friend is doing better. For now. So I do not have to worry about her every minute. I am still worried though.

And by the way I love summer. Summer is nice. It's warm and so beautiful. The nights smell so good. BUT THE MOSQUITOS ARE DRIVING NUTS!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat May 30, 2009 2:05 pm

WHOA! Geez, they can't seem to give you any details about what to expect, huh?
Well, the best I can offer you is, just do your best. Talking for 5 hours. Geez, I hope noone runs out of things to discuss. (sorry, bad joke)

Glad to hear your friend is better. Just keep giving her a positive attitude and she'll be okay....as will you. :hug

~ML *XOXO*

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Sun May 31, 2009 8:00 am

Sometimes it just feels like she's sucking the energy out of me. I am just so tired right now.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 am

Oh dear. The words "emotional vampire" just sprang to mind.
Not that I'm saying it's deliberate, but some people can have that effect.

Just remember to take care of yourself too, Sandman. You're no good to anyone if you're completely burned out.

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Sun May 31, 2009 1:12 pm

I know I take energy from people from time to time. Usuallyt from my mother because she offers it freely.

And I will take care of myself. No worries. :cool:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sun May 31, 2009 4:28 pm

*Patssandmanonthebackinsupport*

~ML :hug
Last edited by marilaine on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “The Bitch Box”