Brotherhood comes to Canada!

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Gillian
Site Admin

Brotherhood comes to Canada!

Post by Gillian » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:24 pm

YESSSS!!!! ...

The Movie Network and Movie Central announced this week that they will air Brotherhood in high defintion, premiering day-and-date with Showtime on Sunday, July 9 at 8 p.m. ET on The Movie Network (TMN) and 7 p.m. PT on Movie Central (MC). Subsequent episodes of the 11-part series will air Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on TMN and Sundays at 7 p.m. PT on MC.

Brotherhood follows two brothers living in "The Hill", an Irish-American community in Providence, Rhode Island, where the old-world ways of street justice and loyalty continue to rule the tough blue-collar neighbourhood.

Tommy Caffee (Jason Clarke, Rabbit Proof Fence) is a local politician out to protect "The Hill" and its interests by any means necessary, but his complicated family and professional lives are turned upside down with the return of his gangster brother Mike (Jason Isaacs, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), who sets out on a vengeful and often murderous path to reclaim his turf.

http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/content/view/1285/

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:37 pm

:woot :wheee Doing the Happy Canadian Dance for Gillian--and for Wildevine, and for....

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:12 pm

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

snape

Brotherhood on DVD

Post by snape » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:46 am

Dear Friends in the new world,
you know wizards are very powerful, but they got serious problems with new technologies!!!!
So, I'm a wizard in the old world and cannot get the brotherhood series... you could now tell me to aparate near you and watch the serie near you at TV, BUT also wizards have a job and cannot come and go how they'd like to...

So would one of the lovely muggles be so kind and record the series on DVD??? The rest I don't have to ask, it seems pretty obvious ;-)

Greeting from the old world, yours Snape

Wildevine

Post by Wildevine » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:34 am

I was jumping up and down and squealing with delight until I looked it up on my cable provider page. It is only broadcast on digital movie channel bundle which means that you have to have a digital TV ($$), a digital reciever ($$$$) and buy the most expensive bundle from the company which is the "total home entertainment" bundle. I don't have a digital tv, nor can I afford the reciever- $300 for the regular one and almost $500 for the HD one, I was browing digital TVs they are around $600 I think. Plus with tax $100 month for the services, more if you choose to rent the reciever. Ack!! I think the whole thing has gotten way out of hand. These companies are hauling in MILLIONS. Everytime you turn around, it's another cash grab. Jeesh.
Janet.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:52 pm

Janet, that's flat-out appalling.
I'm really sorry to hear it.
I think you're absolutely right, the people who run technology-oriented businesses often seem to have no connection with Planet Earth. They seem to delight in doing things just because they can. Like, several years ago, we'd reached the end of a cellphone service plan, so we went to a service center office and talked about a new one.
It turned out that my phone would HAVE to be replaced--the technology had evolved to the point that my old phone was simply incompatible with the broadcast technology, and couldn't be updated/upgraded.
It was a phone!! It had worked fine!! But no!! And it seems like every time you turn around, there's some new doodad or function appended to these objects--the latest commercials tout using your cellphone to listen to your music. WTF?? If my conversations/ring tone are anything to go by, the sound quality must be positively abysmal--plus anybody who's that immersed in technology has, guess what, already got an iPod.
On which they watch television.

I know I sound positively :furthermore here, but geez louise. They make it easy as hell to acquire these things, but when was the last time you saw helpful advice on environmentally-appropriate ways to dispose of them when they (inevitably, and these days increasingly quickly) become obsolete?
And the other thing is, some people just wanna watch some damn TV!!! They don't want/need a home theatre system with Dolby surround sound!
Hell, there are people in Loudoun County (next door to me) who, in 2006, still don't have flush toilets!!!! :bang
I dunno, in HilaryWorld, things would not have reached such a pass. In HilaryWorld, all 37 inhabitants would gather on the Town Green on ergonomically-correct blankets and watch Jason Isaacs movies on a proper theatre screen while eating free, non-fat buttered popcorn, and it would never rain until the show was over and everybody had walked home.
So there.
:soap

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:09 pm

Hilaryworld sounds nice!!!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:40 pm

You can be one of the 37, Marie!

Wildevine

Post by Wildevine » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:01 pm

when was the last time you saw helpful advice on environmentally-appropriate ways to dispose of them when they (inevitably, and these days increasingly quickly) become obsolete?
Yes!!!! Hilary. The land fill sites around the country are filling up with this shit, most of it plastic with a 500,000 year half-life and many heavy metals and radioactive crap. I still use the same cell phone I got over 5 years ago. Yeah, it's a relic but it works. My contract ran out so I get the same deal, just on a month to month basis. It's a good deal and I don't want to change it. I guess if I drop my phone in the toilet or something :???: I would have to re-visit this issue. But until then..........(and my tv is really old-but hey it works, too-mind you- I'll never be the "Queen of Screen-Caps" but that is what Char is for)

Janet.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:16 pm

mind you- I'll never be the "Queen of Screen-Caps" but that is what Char is for)
... and thank the Lord for her!!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:38 pm

Crap. Well at least TMN is available digitally and doesn't require an HDTV, but there's still the small matter of the receiver, extended bundle costs, installation and various additional fees.

It really adds up when you start to read the fine print. :-(

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:44 am

Okay, that's kind of my (ill-expressed) point: Char is not run-of-the-mill, she's one in a million! The people putting together these arrangements seem to think we're all Char, and we ain't! If not for her amazing generosity, we'd be left out in the cold--and I just feel like these guys are getting ahead of themselves sometimes.

Wildevine

Post by Wildevine » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:17 pm

Well, I agree. Of all the stuff that is out there on the net, Char's pics are far and above the best. She is quite amazing. The photo quality on IMDB just sucks. They should be hiring Char to do their photos. I think it's amazing luck for us that she is a JI fan.
Janet.

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:39 pm

I think it's amazing luck for us that she is a JI fan.
I don't think there is any luck at all - I think it is because she has good taste!!

:D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:28 pm

I don't think there is any luck at all - I think it is because she has good taste!!

Hear! Hear! :woot

Hilary, the same thing happens in HelenWorld, except we go for the real butter popcorn . . . and it shows. :???:

Helen

Return to “Brotherhood”