E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 am

thanx Hilary :hug

thanx to Mr Jason, for being kind enough to help us sort through
the mayhem of the past few weeks :shock:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 am

Oh Jason - next time ask us which pilots will get picked up - we can generally pick them out!!! (Of course they may not be the ones we like best!)

I've been reading Case Histories - I find it kind of sad so far - but engaging enough to keep my curriosity fueled. Brodie is an interesting character.

I really do hope you get something big soon (with a nice payday) that is deserving of your talent!

Cheers,
Marie

blisster

Post by blisster » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:53 pm

I think I've reread this email a hundred times trying to think of something sensible to say ... nothing, just GAH!!! :adore

Thank you.

VittoriaZ

Post by VittoriaZ » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 pm

blisster wrote:I think I've reread this email a hundred times trying to think of something sensible to say ... nothing, just GAH!!! :adore

Thank you.
I've reread it a few times because it's so enjoyable. :adore :hug :hands

But I must confess that I also reread this part, which confused me a little: "I wouldn’t hold your breath for a massive contribution from me in the Potters – I really just couldn’t bear anyone else sporting Lucy’s wig!" :oops: I haven't read Deathly Hallows, so that may be the problem.... but I had to read it at least twice before I figured out who "Lucy" is. :roll: ihatemondays

kate, again

Post by kate, again » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:35 am

Thanks for the post Miss Hilary -

And great to hear from you Jason! Here's some encouragement through a wee example of how a series of novels can become a great and long-running TV series: consider the Midsomer Murder Mysteries - John Nettles was certainly not at all like the Tom Barnaby character physically in age, appearance, etc. And yet he has created an iconic character loved the world over. There were only five original books, yet the series has continued with great success, super writing and fabulous casting through sixteen series and counting!

We all know you can create a character that people will watch with loyalty and love, week after week.

We can't wait! Stay dry and warm in Edinbourgh.

Cheers,
Bonnie Kate, again

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:07 am

It's so ind of him to keep us updated.
And thanks, Hilary for sharing :D

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Jason, you're such a sweetie. :hug Thank you.
And thank you, Hilary for posting this. :hug :hug :hug

~ML :adore

warriorprincess

Post by warriorprincess » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Nice to hear from him!

Hope these projects work out for him !

Love Kathleen

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Thank you for posting Jason's message, Hilary.

Isn't he a sweetie? It's always nice to hear from him and how he's doing.
I'm delighted he's doing the Kate Atkinson books for the BBC. I loved listening to them.

It's tough when projects don't come to fruition for him, but a paying job is always worth it, I'm sure.

I might even catch a glimpse of him when I'm in Edinburgh visiting a friend in November. Mind you, it's a big place and I've lots to see and do while there. :D

Hooroo,
Carole

Franxy85

Re: E-mails from Jason

Post by Franxy85 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Thank you for posting Jason's reply, how sweet of him to answer to the emails, but I just want to know if it is possibile for us to write to him too, I mean through his email address, I was looking for an address where to write to him, on google of course but I didn't find it, I've just found the one from Oxford which is not his own of course. What's is email address? If i may know it pleaseee :)

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Franxy, Mr. Isaacs doesn't have a public e-mail address. He knows how to get in touch with a few fan representatives with whom he is long acquainted, but you can imagine--he wouldn't have much time to get any acting done if he had to read all the e-mails he'd get just from Harry Potter fans.
He also had an unhappy experience with a stalker, who persisted despite several restraining orders and arrests. aaa.gif
You are welcome to write to him at the address for his agent, but be prepared: there are lots of disappointed fans who haven't received any response.

Franxy85

Post by Franxy85 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:Franxy, Mr. Isaacs doesn't have a public e-mail address. He knows how to get in touch with a few fan representatives with whom he is long acquainted, but you can imagine--he wouldn't have much time to get any acting done if he had to read all the e-mails he'd get just from Harry Potter fans.
He also had an unhappy experience with a stalker, who persisted despite several restraining orders and arrests. aaa.gif
You are welcome to write to him at the address for his agent, but be prepared: there are lots of disappointed fans who haven't received any response.
Well, first of all thank you for answering me. Second of all, I know he is busy for sure, his job as an actor would take so much time to himself, and I'm totally agree with you for the thing that he wouldn't have much time to get any acting done if he had to read all the e-mails he'd get just from Harry Potter fans. You're right, but I'm sure he will answer when he has some free time. I don't mean to be like a stalker hahahah, not at all, I just respect him and his own privacy like I respect any others actor's privacy, so I thought he has a pubblic e-mail, that's it! :D , so thank you again for your answer, I hope that Mr. Isaacs answer to our letters as soon is possible ;-)

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:20 am

Sorry, Franxy, I didn't mean to accuse you of being a stalker! I was just trying to make clear that Jason Isaacs may have more reason than some to be particularly careful.
As Angel says, there's no harm in writing--I got an answer to my letter! (It did take over three years though. Just letting you know.)

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:10 am

I haven't even tried. Let him have his off time to himself and his family.

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:56 am

I totally agree with you Grannybear, to be honest, after the unpleasantness of a Stalker, you cant really blame him for being cautious.

I wrote to another Actor, James Marsters just wishing him a happy birthday and enquiring about his work etc.....I am still waiting for a reply. I would say go for it if you are willing to wait for a reply please dont take it personally if you dont recieve one though :D

Return to “General Forum”