E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: E-mails from Jason

Post by Marie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am

With a few exceptions - the famous actors and celebs that do write back have personal assistants that handle most of the work. They read the letters, deciding which to show their boss and they also select pictures and note who to inscribe an autograph to. We've all noted that Jason could use a personal assistant (don't all start volunteering for free because we've had that discusion too - LOL!) For whatever reason JI decides to put all his mail in what he refers to as his "cupboard of shame" - mail stacking up all the while. A few fortunate fans have received letters and pictures back - but that seems to be based more on good timing (JI has downtime and is in the mood to handle letters) than any sort of heartfelt messages. It's been noted that you have to have dedication to be a JI fan - it's not always easy to get information about his projects & apperances - but we luv him just the same.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Me, too. I've written twice, but no response. *okthefirstdidn'thavemyreturnaddresscuziwastoochicken*

~ML :adore : sor

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:38 am

Would love to send him a Christmas card. Wishing him, Emma, Lily and Ruby a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

~ML :oops: :adore

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:Sorry, Franxy, I didn't mean to accuse you of being a stalker! I was just trying to make clear that Jason Isaacs may have more reason than some to be particularly careful.
As Angel says, there's no harm in writing--I got an answer to my letter! (It did take over three years though. Just letting you know.)
Dude! I'm still waiting six years on.
S'probably sittin' at the bottom of a skip somewhere.

BASTARD!! ;-)

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:16 pm

Those email updates are great! :D

I don't even know what I would begin to say to him if I had the chance to email, probably blubber about how talented he is and all that, so a message board is quite sufficient for me. :)

It truly is remarkable and so kind that he takes the time to send updates and say hello, and it makes me smile to know he's so grounded and that his family is usually right there with him while he's working. I can't imagine having little ones and having to be away from them for prolonged periods of time. It's not the way it should be done, at least in my opinion.

I hope the new year will bring lots of luck for him, and who knows, even more projects to look forward to that actually make it. :mrgreen:

I know all too well about working and really surfing the internet... :shock:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Yes, Jason is a good family man. That's one reason why we all like him. His family comes first.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:39 pm

The latest--from 5 April:

"Holy crap I must be the single worst fan object (fanee? fanny?!) in the history of ungrateful actors. I’m so so sorry to have been so dysfunctionally unresponsive. Please forgive me for living up to form but taking it to a new level this time.

I’ve all but abandoned the laptop since I’m touting my new and much adored iphone4 around. Scotland was the hardest work I’d ever done – up to that point – and soaked up 23 hours of every day, but now it looks like a holiday in the Caribbean in retrospect. I’m in literally every single scene of this pilot and ‘producing’ also (whatever that means) so I barely manage to skim-read the 100 or so e-mails I receive a day but always plan on answering the important ones in this mythical world known as ‘later’. It being an iphone its mail storage capacity is limited, so I delete the junk and think I’m saving the rest, but guess what? You get another daysworth and it bumps the previous ones if my total’s over 200. Hah. Goodbye good intentions. The mail.app doesn’t allow for filing to deal with things later and, anyway, even if it did, I’m working from dawn or so and collapsing home late at night. Add that to the fact that I can’t bear to type with my barely opposable thumbs and that, when I do, I spend most of my time erasing the inadvertent obscenities that apple’s predictive text has come up with and you end up with a shambling husk of a man who sleeps 3 hours a day and never returns a call or an e-mail.

I guessed you picked a charity for the calendar and they all seem fabulous. My instinct would always be the children’s one, St Judes, but only because I’m hopelessly and constantly heartbroken by my engagement with Gt Ormond St. I’m sure they’re all very worthwhile recipients and I’m humbled and proud that you use your skills and association with me to do some good anywhere, so thanks a ton for that.

As for other work things, as you know I’ve been trying to do more television so that I can settle down and be in the same place with Emma, Lily and Ruby. Case Histories was a weird one in that I had assumed it filmed in London when I was originally offered it and only found out later that it was Edinburgh, on the other hand I was able to either come home every weekend or have them visit me so it was pretty gorgeous. The stories turned out really well; I think you’re going to like them. Jackson’s infinitely cooler, tougher, tenderer (I know – it’s not a word, but you know what I mean) and, yes, sexier than me. The characters that inhabit his world are all drawn in such vivid and vibrant colors and the city shot so beautifully that I hope the public like it as much as I do. All the directors captured something quite emotional and yet, occasionally, comically absurd and, well, I know they’re not perfect – nothing is – but I think they’re kind of cool and quirky. Look forward to your response to them. Shouldn’t be that long, there are rumours about broadcasting this summer, but nobody’s made a decision yet.

And this. REM. Hmmmm. God knows! I thought – and think – the script’s really interesting and emotional and unique, but now I’m making it I realise it pretty much rests on my shoulders and eyebrows for every scene and that’s a whole lot of responsibility I don’t like to think about. There’s a whole bunch of talented people around me though – the writer, the director and the fab cast – so maybe I can hang onto their coat tails. Guess we’ll see in a few weeks whether it’ll ever even be seen. Watch this space.

I turn up to work at dawn and pour myself back over the threshold late at night. There never seems to be any time not in front of the camera or huddled with the writer.

On set now and very conscious that if I don’t send this off I’ll end up writing a novel that doesn’t reach you till christmas, so I should probably just hit send.

Much love and thanks – as always – and a steely resolve to answer before your ink’s dry next time

Jason x"

Getting more and more excited for Case Histories!!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:45 pm

thanx Mr Jason for taking a bit of time and sending us such a lovely message... :cool:

Good Luck in REM, and yes, we are very excited about "Case Histories" :woot

wonder if he realizes that most of his fans have read the books? LOL :yip

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks Hilary for sharing this with us. :D

Jason, thanks so much for caring about your Isaacsettes enough to keep us posted. I can't wait for Case Histories and I am certain you'll be fabulous in REM.

:mrgreen:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:11 pm

First of all, thank you Hilary for kindly sharing his email with us. And Jason-good to know you havent abandoned your Isaacsettes. Just kidding you know we love you. Im really excited about REM, wish u the best of luck in everything you do, we love it when your busy ;)

~me

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Bout' damn time you wrote to us!!! :D

No really - we understand work and home (not necessarily in that order) come first. You are not a bad fanee (????) at all!

Can't wait to see Case Histories and thinking positive thoughts for REM (and SAFE.)

Cheers,
Marie

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Thankyou so much for sharing this Hilary.

Good luck to Jason with REM, looking forward to Case Histories.

Poor Bloke sounds knackered......

Please take care of yourself.

Roseanna x

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for posting, Hilary.

Glad to hear that Case Histories worked out well. Yes, we've all read/listened to the books, so we have high expectations, albeit no idea when it'll get to the States.
Hoping that REM gets picked up, so while we wait for CH, we can follow Britten through his world(s).

Thanks for the update, Jason.

inamac

Post by inamac » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for passing that on, Hilary.

Gosh, it makes exhausting reading! But at least he seems to have a little time to waste texting while working on REM. (they do say US TV is all sitting around waiting, while UK TV is all waiting to sit around...)

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 pm

So good to hear from Jason. Such a nice person and so good of you to post it for us Hilary. If REM is picked up he's going to be one very busy man. We'll all be on the sidelines rooting for him.

Return to “General Forum”