First Episode - SPOILERS

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: First Episode - SPOILERS

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:40 pm

I can't imagine why it would be called "butter" shortbread. As butter is one-third of the ingredients of shortbread, you couldn't make it otherwise.
Margarine or lard wouldn't work? :spew2

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Love to go back to back to Edinburgh. I forgot to mention that I also like the sound of bagpipes. Such a different sound. Great!

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:33 pm

grannybear wrote:Edinburgh is beautiful and they have delicious Chocolate Fudge Cake. Of course you shouldn't go by me. I even like the Scottish dish called Haggis. So my judgement might be impaired.
Love the idea of the chocolate fudge cake, but you can keep the Haggis, I'm afraid. :-| Tried it, but didn't like it. Also we once had all the ingredients for making it sitting in our house for a day or so, years ago. Turned me right off.

But yes, can't wait to revisit Edinburgh. There's so much to the city, you can barely scratch the surface in a few days.

Hooroo,
Carole

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:42 am

grannybear wrote:Love to go back to back to Edinburgh. I forgot to mention that I also like the sound of bagpipes. Such a different sound. Great!
Yay! I'm quite fond of bagpipes myself :mrgreen: and though I eat a bit of haggis every year at our Burns' Night, I'll never eat a full plate of it.

So can we try to arrange a set of pipes (check), haggis (not so difficult), a bottle of fine whiskey (easy one) and a certain male individual in a kilt ::rofl ? Setting would be the esplanade of Edinburgh castle with a certain group of fans of the aforementioned male individual. Who's game?

Sorry, have I gone too far off topic?

Lizzie

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:10 pm

No, Lizzie. But thanks for the happy mental pictures.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Sounds good to me.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:47 pm

That put me in a lovely place, Lizzie-thanks!

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 pm

A very lovely place, indeed that Lizzie has mentioned.

I'm up for it, if it ever comes to fruition.

Hooroo,
Carole

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:27 pm

crawfoc99 wrote:1.
I loved Jackson's mews flat.
Very nice. Probably very expensive as well. How on earth Jackson ever affords it is beyong me.

2. Julia's dress is very pretty and feminine. Almost 70s in the way it looked to me.

3. I want to adopt Marlee. She is just ADORABLE. Even if her "mother dresses her like a prostitute".

4. I do!! I so want to go back and see more of Edinburgh. It is a lovely city. So many beautiful places to see. As I'm still waiting for my DVD of Case Histories to arrive, I've been watching episodes of Rebus with Ken Stott, just to get my fix of Edinburgh. How sad is that LOL. ;-)

Hooroo,
Carole
1. Me, too. The little "garden" in back, the quiet, peaceful ambiance. I TOTALLY wanna live in Edinburgh.
2. She's a cutie pie. So smart, and Jackson's relationship with her is so cool. I HATE HIS EX. :razzlite Taking her away from him. YOU SUCK, LADY! :finger:

~ML *mustsaveMarlee* :under

Return to “Case Histories”