Jason Isaacs lands title role in Surgeon General

Jason Isaacs landed the lead in this new American series from CBS. The pilot wasn't picked up.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Jason Isaacs lands title role in Surgeon General

Post by thunder » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pilot-News- ... 60984.aspx

Sounds interesting, but not much info yet :D

This say the same:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/14/jason ... n-general/
The show is billed as a drama about the most powerful doctor in the world — take that Seattle Grace! — who fights politicians and big businesses to protect the health of everyday Americans.
http://tvline.com/2013/02/14/surgeon-ge ... on-isaacs/
Isaacs’ top doc is described as “a man of solid build and solid character” who has the rare mix of resolve, humanity and dry wit.

LadySekhmet

Re: Jason Isaacs lands title role in Surgeon General

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:37 pm

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Oh, that had a lot of info, Thanks, LadyS.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 pm

You're welcome! Actually thanks for that one has to go to a co-worker who encourages my silliness because he finds it wildly amusing. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 pm

So, it's been pickd up! Well, that's good news! Don't have to worry about passing on the pilot.
We got our wish: Jason on our TVs every week!!!

Now, one hopes CBS will give it a good chance.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Well zippity do da! I DO love me a great medical drama, happy days are here again! :wheee (maybe they need a tech advisor?) GREAT choice Jason! ::rofl Ellen *guess it'll have to be another American accent, which seems ashame, he has such a lovely natural accent, lets just hope this one lasts for a good many years complete with Emmys and all. 'Here's looking at you, kid'. Happy Val Day to all :hug

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:58 pm

*squints*
Mr I. is very much more qualified than me to know a good script when he sees one. I will hope for the best. Of course, I am thrilled to have him on my tv weekly but I am having a hard time imagining where the drama comes from. Awareness campaigns on the dangers of obesity and smoking are usually the Surgeon G's thing. Maybe stopping a pandemic a la the movie "Contagion" from a couple of years ago?

I am glad NBC's Hannibal will already have been airing long enough to know whether it would be a good or bad idea to go against its timeslot come fall. (Thurs at 10 which was previously Awake's timeslot).

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Well, Happy Valentine's Day to us, from Jason CBS. Thanks for links and info, everyone.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:41 pm

aw, SM ya know, drama comes from anywhere: he's a widow, so there's gonna be new love interests... he's got 2 teenaged girls: PLENTY of drama there, believe me! (if you thought Britten had problems with Rex, just you wait!)...he was hurt in the war, so...what part of Greg House is he gonna emulate?, um fighting obesity and smoking (Jason has a thing about obesity; he throws lines in movies and interviews constantly so that shouldn't be difficult for him, and he only smokes for roles, and won't be for this one so...) and loves politics and will use his lawyer voice and tone...should all work in his favor. Although I DID read some comments that people call him "mumble mouth" I think THEY need to listen harder (or just maybe he could speak slower-WE just may be used to listening to the rhyme and rhythm of his beautiful voice).
I realize this is taking a monumental leap ahead of ourselves, but IF it's picked up, I DO SO hope that CBS night time talk shows (Letterman, Ferguson) will have him on, as opposed to what happened with Awake, that was just a crying shame...
Ok Dr. John, show us your stuff-WOW us like you always do :yip ... ellen

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 am

Can a Surgeon General be sexy? :mrgreen: I hope the script let him use his sex appeal!! I want a role that makes American women swoon-not only for his brain nuke.gif
They need a strong ensemble cast for his office, make it a little lighter and not too stuffy.

I was hoping to see him in something supernatural but I trust he sees a good story/script in this one. Fingers-crossed :cherub

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 am

Oh Char, when ISN"T Jason sexy? Yes, I think Surgeon Generals MAY have that attribute :D He's right off combat lines, so he may be the youngest SG with new, frest ideas and hates being bogged down with the way politics is played into endorsing the ideas (we ALL do-look at what's happening NOW, sheesh! Health care is going down the tubes in this country, if I'm not careful this thread should be the political one), so I see a lot of the West Wing in this one, plenty of sexy characters in that show (including Jason!), and because he's producing it too, and he's SO great at eyeballing talent, he's more than capable of surrounding himself with the characters he needs to make his character unforgetable. He will be one very sexy (and everyone uses different attributes to describe sexy: intelligent, funny, warm, sensitive, great eyes, good listening skills, gererous, defination of biceps...the list is long, the day is short).
I thing the larger picture is will CBS back him harder and stronger than NBC did? Thats the more important question AND the bigger question? Because already the queries are coming "I don't want to bother, CBS will cancel just like NBC did". But he'll be brilliant, no less than he ever is, and no less sexy than he ever is either :!: :D e (although I'm HIGHLY doubtful we'll see him in a 'night swim' "costume" in this one...)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Good news at last! Boy I get busy at work can't check the boards and look what happens. :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Exciting news! It'll be nice to see him on tv again!

~me

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:06 am

Welp, heres a tweet from the director to-be
"Rod Lurie ‏@RodLurie
Directing a great pilot for CBS (written by Sam baum) called #SURGEONGENERAL and bringing it to Atlanta. See you there."

Hope some of you "East cost division" lost girls can ferret out what that means and go be fans, if its warranted!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:39 am

Atlanta?! The real office for the US SG is in Maryland! (*sighs*)

Return to “The Surgeon General”