Supanova (Australia)

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Re: Supanova (Australia)

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:01 am

Thank You Carole, is this the first time you have seen Jason since the Dumb Waiter?

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:55 am

Lovely write up Carole - about your adventures!! Wish I had been there with you at the convention (but I probably would have wanted to be cuddling a wallaby or going on an outback adventure - or visiting the superb wineries! So much to do in your country - I dearly hope I get there someday!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Thankyousomuch, Carole! That was a great recap of your encounter. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Jason never fails to please.

Char was right about the difference between Supernova and SD Comic-Con. The crowds at SDCC were overwhelming.Ours was wall-to-wall (planned) chaos compared to your experience.

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Thank you for this report :)
I'm happy for you that you had an opportunity to meet him.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks, Carole. It sounds you had like a lot fun. It was very sweet of you to give him a goodie bag.

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Char, maybe because it was the final day of Supanova (Sunday) it was quieter. Saturday is the biggest of the three days I suppose. I recall Jason saying there were only about 7 people at the Q&A on Friday and on Sunday it was standing room only LOL. A pity that San Diego Comic Con was difficult. But it is the biggest and best Con around. If I had been with someone I'm sure they would have been able to line up earlier to get a closer seat at the Q&A. I was pretty much in the middle, but the screen was large and easily seen.

Jason has so many wonderful stories from filming Harry Potter that he'll never run out of them I'm sure. I'm sure everyone didn't mind paying for an autograph/photo as it was Jason. And he was a bargain compared to Nathan Fillion, so it's all good. LOL

Kim, yes, it was the first time since seeing Jason in London in The Dumb Waiter back in 2007. A long time between sightings (and cheaper than the trip to London).

Marie, it would have been fun to share the experience with people I know, but you talk with people who share a fondness for Jason's work, so it's still great. I'm sure we can fit in a wallaby/kangaroo encounter, outback adventure and winery visits when you get to Oz. :D

Helen, one thing about Jason that always amazes me is his skin tone. You'd swear he was wearing makeup, his skin is simply amazing. No wonder he's so photogenic.

One way to help people think kindly of you is to give them something. I always give goodie bags and they have always been well received. Everyone likes getting something (especially if it's not something they generally get ;-) ).

If anything further comes to my mind over the coming days, I'll be sure to report it.

Hooroo,
Carole

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks for all the links, and thank you so much for posting about the encounter, Carole.
Someone wrote on tumblr that Jason was offering people tim tams when he wrote autographs. :mrgreen:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:47 am

Great report, Carole! Did Jason remember you? It must have seemed a bit odd handing over money for something that Himself is generally perfectly happy to provide for free, but it's a great, high quality snap!

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:35 pm

thunder wrote:Someone wrote on tumblr that Jason was offering people tim tams when he wrote autographs. :mrgreen:
Awww, that is so sweet. Obviously Jason didn't want to scoff them all. And he was flying out that evening and probably didn't have room for the goodies.

Hilary the Touched wrote:Great report, Carole! Did Jason remember you? It must have seemed a bit odd handing over money for something that Himself is generally perfectly happy to provide for free, but it's a great, high quality snap!
To be honest, I'm not sure if Jason remembered me. But it had been seven years and I'm sure he'd seen a lot of people over the event.

Some great pics were taken at Supanova. I'm just glad to have seen Jason again after so long.

Hooroo,
Carole

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 am

Even I have several pictures with him already, I wouldn't mind paying to get one as nice like that . :mrgreen:
I'm sure he remembered you, Carole. In one interview when he was talking about fans traveling to see Dumbwaiter, he mentioned Australia. He must have had you in mind.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm just glad to have seen Jason again after so long.
And doesn't he look fantastic. It always amazes me that the man looks so damn good. He ages really well. As I count my wrinkles and my flabby arms....... :gah:

So glad you got to see him ... and I will definitely connect with you Carole - Australia is moving up on my bucket list as some places that are on the list (like Egypt) move down the list (too dangerous right now!)

servalan

Post by servalan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Carole, thanks so much for sharing your convention/Jason experience. I'm sure you had a great time, and what a lovely photo (at least if you get it done professionally it doesn't have rubbish bins in the background like my photo at Skeletons at the Edinburgh International Film Festival! ;-) )

It must have been unique for Jason to sign Diane's beautiful drawing rather than a photo.

:hug

revenante

Post by revenante » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:57 am

Great reporting, Carole - I am "well jel", as they say over here!

Return to “Conventions”