Peter Pan...AAIIEE!

The projects that don't have their own subforums, because they are older than The Lost Girls, but still deserve a special place on the board..

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Peter Pan...AAIIEE!

Post by Helen8 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:23 pm

I grew up with the Cyril Ritchard Hook and found him funny, to the point of dashing around the house with mom's yard stick in hand, swatting at the curtains.
Trust Jason to make Hook sexy. :adore

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Fifty Flop Movies that Deserved Better

Peter Pan rated 45 of 50:

The Flop: Peter Pan had the misfortune of being released a week before another fantasy book adap - a little film called The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King.

Why It Deserved Better: The film's got a strong visual style and some great performances (Isaacs is a stand-out). It's a shame it didn't turn into a franchise.

http://www.gamesradar.com/50-flop-movie ... ed-better/

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Helen - how absolutely true. One very under rated movie!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:09 pm

Pity!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:51 pm

That's an interesting assertion, and one that I, for one, find comforting...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:54 pm

It's nice to know that we are not alone.

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:35 am

I absolutely LOVED Jason in "Peter Pan!!" No, I should say I became obsessed...so what else is new, with his portrayal of Hook!!
I had just discovered this handsome, incredibly talented man only a few months earlier in "Chamber of Secrets" where I totally lost it, was supposed to hate him as Lucius but when I heard that voice and saw that profile.... :adore :adore My dear grandson was with me and I have thanked him because if it were not for reading him "Harry Potter" I wouldn't have had the best times in my life meeting Jason and being with the dearest ladies in the world....my gosh but I do go on don't I!! :D

Back to Hook and just to confirm my "Magnificent Obsession" I saw "Peter Pan" 35 times!! Once, I was the only person in this sweet little theater in a suburb of Chicago. I saved my ticket stubs in a little red velvet pouch, have autographed pics of Hook on my bedroom wall as well.....gosh he is "GORGEOUS!!" He got a real bum deal from that film and it makes me so upset because he deserves better!! Now I feel I really need a Jason and Lost Girl meeting again!! :hug :hug

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:13 pm

I came across these, and thought I'd share (or help us remember, as the case may be)!!

Making of Peter Pan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bc1RIHu8fn8

(Mostly background info on the history of the story, but some cast snippets, too!)

Peter Pan-Deleted Scenes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bXACkG_QhxU

(From the DVD...GET READY TO LAUGH!!

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:39 am

I think this is my very favourite version of Peter Pan. Jason is utterly amazing as the charasmatic / sexy Captain Hook, also as Mr Darling. Why this was not a hit movie is beyond me. Just checked the Hugh Jackman Pan and that did not make a profit. I wonder why the subject matter is not connecting with movie audiences.

Anyway Jason was amazing.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:40 am

Peter Pan is still one of my favourite Jason-movies

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:55 pm

For my English Lit course (Just completed) we read Perault, The Brothers Grim Hans Christian Anderson with all the dark oroginal versions of fairytails. Cinderella is just grusome. The Chinease version of the fairytale is the worst with the character being buried alive.

We also read Angela Carters Red Riding Hood and Puss In Boots which was modern and very unsettling.

I thought Jason was having a ball as Captain Hook which considering the hard production is all the more admirable. I do not think my DVD version has the home movie so :rave not happy about that.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Loved the deleted scenes. Thank you for posting the link from youtube.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:46 am

Just seen all of the DVD extras and the are amazing.

Jason obviously has a habit of filing behind the scenes and we got such a great insight into how the movie was made and just how phyically difficult it was for the cast to do the wire work. Boy did it look painful.
I got a surprise when when I saw Sarah Fergusan and Jason doing a little scene with her as Captain Hook.

The stress of the production must have been horrendous on everyone. I noticed they were doing multiple takes which must have been due to the need for CGI.

Jason good nature seemed to shine through. Loved the deleted scene of Mr Darling in the dog house.

Not sure if I liked the alternate ending or not.

Why did they cut the pirate song from the movie?. Jason's singing was rather charming and something to behold.

Glad I got this .

servalan

Post by servalan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:35 am

Annie, although this might not have been a hit as a movie, in the UK it is repeated endlessly on TV, generally in the afternoon during the Easter & Christmas periods when children are off school. :cool:

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 am

Yes I think this was the first full length movie I ever saw of Jason's. I think he is possibly the best Captain Hook on film all smouldering charm and menace. :hands

Return to “Older classics”