Interviews

Scooby and the gang race to stop the unleashing of the ghost dog Cerberus upon the world. Jason gives his voice to Dick Dastardly.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

servalan

Re: Interviews

Post by servalan » Fri May 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Thanks for the Mark Kermode link.

It's a whole online show with other guests. Jason starts at about 18.50 min for 10-15 min. Andy Serkis follows him.

I loved the story about his daughter making him up so he looked like a drag queen, when she was supposed to be doing it for online interviews. :lol

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat May 23, 2020 9:04 am

He had me going. ... working on a novel! LOL

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 am

I wonder if he plays poker?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:11 pm

He had me going. ... working on a novel!

At Aramaic, I started thinking he was puling Mark's leg. I bought writing a novel because he does write scripts and now he has the time to finish a novel. But. Yeah. He lies for a living.

I wonder if he plays poker?

I wouldn't want to find out.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun May 24, 2020 7:14 am

The make-up story made me laugh as well.

Jason was part of the empire podcast this week. Talks about Scoob and a lot of other things. He's there for almost an hour and a half, so if you have some time to spare...:
https://planetradio.co.uk/podcasts/the- ... n/2029876/

:D

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 am

Helen8 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 pm
Another one with Mark Kermode.

https://youtu.be/79Syc5Opk4U

Jason is one helluva liar! I guess that comes from being a really good actor.
Maybe someone can talk him into doing a remake of Pinocchio! 😈

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sun May 24, 2020 8:46 am

servalan wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:08 pm
Thanks for the Mark Kermode link.

It's a whole online show with other guests. Jason starts at about 18.50 min for 10-15 min. Andy Serkis follows him.

I loved the story about his daughter making him up so he looked like a drag queen, when she was supposed to be doing it for online interviews. :lol
Too bad there’s no video evidence! It sounds like her efforts could’ve led to a new version of “Chaz Cherry”! 😁

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:03 am

Jason doing promo in The UK for Scoob. Deb/ @luffdee from Teambasement filmed his This Morning segment off her TV.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCYquWAni- ... u9pj0cq170

Also... He's going to be at The One Show tonight.

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 am

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:28 am

Thank you for the links.

I laughed like a drain at his Mark Kermode interview (BFI) May 22nd. I too thought he was genuinely writing a novel /play and doing the garden. So very sorry that his brothers and Father have been so poorly but are recovering slowly (fingers crossed they totally recover given time) The story of his daughter and the make up made me laugh, byt what really threw me was that he had not seen "A Matter of Life and Death" by Powell and Pressburger. One of the great movies of all time, Jason watch it you will not be dissapointed their canon is wonderful, The Red Shoes is one of my all time favourite movies, I would also recommend Black Narcissus ( a brooding fever dream of a movie) and Peeping Tom (so badly recieved it ended Michael Powells career and was only saved when Martin Scorsese tracked down a copy (it was believed to have been totally lost) and restored it. I recall seeing it; it is a horror movie in the style of Edgar Allan Poe and Alfred Hitchcock (for me it is better than Psycho.

Also as someone who has been indoors alone in lockdown for coming up 16 weeks I am still not taking any chances (it my local area hard about 6 weeks ago) I have been lucky to manage to obtain some mental health couselling but in effect my life is in a mess. However I am trying to stay optermistic for the future. Sorry for the moan

Again all the best

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:31 am

It’s good to stay as safe as you can, Annie. Take care. Hope We can be of some consolation here. :hug

A few more interviews:

https://youtu.be/o30jMrNGU2c
https://youtu.be/3qx3rF-fXuU

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:51 am

I watched A Matter of Life and Death after hearing the interview (it's on YouTube). I had never seen it either - or heard of it.

I wouldn't agree it's one of the greatest, but I enjoyed it. There is also a lot in it that has been used or adapted in subsequent drama writing - e.g. the idea of possible death and two time lines is the same in the BBC TV series Life on Mars, and the US series Awake starring Jason.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:59 am

Servalan I prefer The Red Shoes and Balck Narcisus as movies but admire the fact that they made these movies with a limited budget. They used a lot of glass painted plates to get the mountains and other scenic views in their movies. You can see their influence all over the place as you say.

Thunder thank you for the kind words. As I said trying to stay positive. You are a lovely bunch of people.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:01 am

This interview was just posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7aweVgyhxE

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:28 am

Thank you I enjoyed that.

Return to “Scoob!”