Help! Questions!

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Moira

Help! Questions!

Post by Moira » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:44 pm

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone can tell me:

1. In episode 3 (I think: my DVD player isn't working), Tommy and Judd are seated in Judd's backyard, discussing stars and human wretchedness. Standing on the lawn to the right is something that looks like a foot tall glowing suppository. I can't tell what the bloody thing is. I assume it's a lawn ornament of some sort, but of what?

2. Are "Scruffies" real? If so, what are they made of?

3. Is the capitol building really that beautiful? It looks worth a trip to Providence just to see it.

4. Is the diner which is Tommy's unofficial office a real diner?

5. In the first episode, does Michael say to the young man as he throws him the bag of money in the trunk, "Here's (x amount of $), as we agreed?" Did Michael hire the young man to kill the man who was after him?

6. Does the theatre Tommy and Michael try to save exist? Is it still being used?

7. In some episode, the gang is bonding over knocking someone's teeth out. Is the person alive or dead?

Thanks very much!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:12 am

Moira, it's been a while since I've watched BH, but I can help with a few of your questions...

2) Yes, they are real. I think they are made with crabmeat...some kinda seafood and fillers, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong..

3) Yes, it is...they film in the building, it would be too expensive to build that kind of a set...

5) One of my fav lines from the series "Get in the F@#$ing Trunk"...
Yes, MC hired the young man to kill Paddy. It was Paddy's sister that MC had killed 7 yrs earlier, forcing MC to go on the run...Only after having Paddy killed, could MC return home...

7) the guy was dead, for stealing money from Freddie. They where taking out his teeth, so the body could not be identified...

4) I think that was just a get together, seemed like something they do maybe weekly, if I'm thinking about the scene where Tommy is asked to resite what he has framed on his wall...

Hope this helps...hopefully I've remembered correctly. I think I need to watch this series again, before the weather gets warmer...LOL.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:38 am

I'll try to answer the rest.

2) It's 'Stuffies' I think. They are stuffed clams, a special dish locally.

3) The Capitol building IS gorgeous. I've seen it in real life. The locals are very proud of it. The dome is supposed to be the 2nd biggest in the country, right? Hilary.

4) It's a real diner. Their website is HERE
THey have some production photos up HERE No Michael Caffee there though.

6) The Stadium THeatre is a real theatre in Woonsocket.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:05 am

thanx Char, I have to watch this again...LOL

Moira

Post by Moira » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:15 am

Thanks, Char and kjshd05!

Hmm, not a seafood fan, so I think I'd skip Scruffies/Stuffies, unless I was there with Michael and he said, as he did to his niece, "Eat it."

I really want to see that capitol then. I've seen only three --my hometown's (Lansing MI), St. Paul's and D.C.'s. Lansing's is nice for its size and had a great renovation that used Italian painters to make certain pillars look like marble; St. Paul's is quite impressive indeed; my heart is in the Capitol building in D.C., but Providence's looks like the Library of Congress and D.C. capitol's baby. Absolutely stunning.

I'd love to see the diner, too. I have a fondness for diners.

I'm glad the guy was dead while they were knocking out his teeth. While watching it I kept flinching and thinking, If they're doing this while he's alive, they really are sick S.O.B.s.

Thanks for the sample photos of the theatre, Char! I love old theatres as well. I identify with that episode because a magnificent theatre "palace" I adored as a child in my hometown was later gutted and turned into a horrendous office building. Gorgeous cobalt-blue ceiling with gold stars, ripped out! I'm glad Woonsocket saved theirs. (I love that name! "Woonsocket!")

Now, if anyone can identify that Unidentified Glowing Object on Judd's lawn, I'll be satisfied!

Moira

Post by Moira » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:36 pm

I found a Stuffie recipe! (thanks to my dear friend the Reference Librarian, who reminds me to Google things)

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?a ... 4976755956

Notice there's no corn. ;-)

Leave out the clams --which would probably be blasphemy-- and I'd try one.

This page also explains to me why the Rhode Island city where my guilty pleasure, the twisted cartoon Family Guy, takes place is named Quahog. I'd thought they'd made that word up.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:16 pm

If you've ever seen one up close and personal, you'd probably wish they did.

*bleeecch!*

Moira

Post by Moira » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Gillian wrote:If you've ever seen one up close and personal, you'd probably wish they did.

*bleeecch!*
You mean clams? I've seen clams up close and personal. Which is why no clam in ever entering my mouth unless I'm facing starvation. *bleeecch* indeed!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:20 pm

The downtown area of Providence, at least, really is radiantly beautiful these days. For the last several years, I guess, they've offered an exceedingly groovy 'happening' called WaterFire (you can see photos here)--Penny's been. It looks magical.
And yeah, Char, the dome of the Capital is the fourth-largest self-supporting dome in the world, and the second largest in the U.S.--only that of the Minnesota State Capital is larger!

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:58 pm

You wanna talk nasty clams? Anybody else here from the Northwest? Ever heard of a "geoduck"? Just google it and look up some of the images for the most disturbing clam you'll ever see...!!

-Foodie :!:

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm

Oh GOD! That's absolutely phallic!
Does it come with it's own condom?

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:43 pm

LOL!! Aren't they just the grossest things ever?! I've heard they taste pretty good, but you'd never see me trying one!

-Foodie :!:

Ob$e$$ed

Post by Ob$e$$ed » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:40 am

Moira wrote: Hmm, not a seafood fan, so I think I'd skip Scruffies/Stuffies, unless I was there with Michael and he said, as he did to his niece, "Eat it."
I'm guessing Jason would need to have someone there with a gun at his head to make him eat them too. :D

Me, I love seafood :cool:

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:58 am

Yep, Mandy, U R correct...Mr Jason does not like "seafood"...

Moira

Post by Moira » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:23 am

kjshd05 wrote:Yep, Mandy, U R correct...Mr Jason does not like "seafood"...
MEN!

;-)

Return to “Brotherhood”