DEK Magazine

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

DEK Magazine

Post by thunder » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 pm

They posted this teaser for their magazine that can be preordered from Dec 8 with a new picture of Jason (alt least I hyaven't seen it before:
https://www.dekmag.com/news/2021/12/01/jasonisaacs

I don't know how much of Jason will be in the actual magazine, though... but it should be something.

Anniemouse

Re: DEK Magazine

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:48 pm

That image is just stunning. I will definately be ordering this.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Just ordered the magazine. So excited.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:54 am

Let us know about it when you get it. Please...? :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:36 am

I most certainly will.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:07 am

Just read the Dek Magazine article and here are my thoughts.

The magazine itself is rather beautiful to look at. It is made from card pages rather than glossy paper and a square shape rather than A4 size. It looks unusual and the photographers are amazing.The images of Jason are new (or at least I think they are) more of the grey jumper you see in the online advertisement for the magazine. What ever happens with this is a new magazine, they have made a great job of it.

Jason's article is rather interesting as well. Most of it is about mass and his acting process which he has talked about a lot recently, but one section was on how he has deliberatly tried to make himself someone who the public really does not know (or at least that is how I read it. I could be wrong) He mentions growing up idolising actors like Hoffman, Di Niro and Pacino because he knew nothing of their private life. Jason comes over as much more introspective about the business and thinking about it he does seem to enjoy living his life out of the spotlight and being normal.

He also mentions Peter Pan and how he feels that was a wonderful movie overlooked by all at the time. He feels that the movies are not on their deathbed but sick and need to reach all viewers as indie movies have something that need saying.

It was worth the wait to get this magaizne.

Return to “General Forum”