Shameless Self-Promotion II

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Moira

Shameless Self-Promotion II

Post by Moira » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:09 am

I haven't been annoying you dear people here as often as I might, and below is a link to the causes: I've acquired a Literary Agent, am writing a book proposal, and started an online column: http://moiramanion.blogspot.com/

Mr. Isaacs makes a cameo in the introductory column, with my apologies. ;-)

Hope you're all happy and well (and healing, in Hilary's case).

Moira Manion

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks, Moira! Got back from session #2 of physio today, and have improved my range of motion by, like, 20 degrees in each direction! :eek:

I've been meaning to ask you if you'd mind if we added a hot-link to your Brotherhood discussion to the reviews page? If it's cool, can you repost the link? I can't find it anywhere on your blog--for which I LOVE the illustrations!!

malfoygrandma

Hey! If you don't who will?

Post by malfoygrandma » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:39 pm

I enjoyed you blog very much, and wish you good luck with the agent and publishing a book and everything. We will be proud to claim you as a fellow forum member when you have a book for us to buy! If you do not go for it, your chances of getting it go spiraling down! Good Luck from a fellow writer! My self-promotion is on my websites! If you get a laugh out of them, please cover your smile and just say, "That's a good girl!"

Moira

Post by Moira » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 am

Hilary the Touched wrote:Thanks, Moira! Got back from session #2 of physio today, and have improved my range of motion by, like, 20 degrees in each direction! :eek:
Hey, 20 degrees is progress!
I've been meaning to ask you if you'd mind if we added a hot-link to your Brotherhood discussion to the reviews page? If it's cool, can you repost the link? I can't find it anywhere on your blog--for which I LOVE the illustrations!!
Since I don't have the time, or inclination, to continue my BH webpage, I deleted it. Which explain why you couldn't find it. But thanks for asking.

Moira

Re: Hey! If you don't who will?

Post by Moira » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:03 am

malfoygrandma wrote:I enjoyed you blog very much, and wish you good luck with the agent and publishing a book and everything. We will be proud to claim you as a fellow forum member when you have a book for us to buy! If you do not go for it, your chances of getting it go spiraling down!
Oh, I'm most certainly going for it, no worries there! I'm extrememly lucky to have my agent, and she thinks publishers will be very excited about me (as an "unusual" author. It's nice to get to an age where being "unusual" is a selling point. ;-) ) Fingers crossed!
Good Luck from a fellow writer! My self-promotion is on my websites! If you get a laugh out of them, please cover your smile and just say, "That's a good girl!"
Good for you that you actually do it. Too many people say, "I'd like to write a book someday," but never do it, for fear of rejection or being laughed at. You can smile proudly and say, "I don't talk about it, I do it." Bravo!

OTink

Deasr Moira

Post by OTink » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:05 pm

Dear Moira,
How very nice your blog is. I love the old fashioned layout. Tell me, what is your picture book about?

Moira

Re: Deasr Moira

Post by Moira » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:14 am

OTink wrote:Dear Moira,
How very nice your blog is. I love the old fashioned layout. Tell me, what is your picture book about?
Sorry it's taken so long to reply. The book is about vineyards and grape growing, written by a man who owns Copernicus Vineyard in Maryland.
http://www.marylandwine.com/mwa/winewar ... book.shtml

Moira Manion
www.moiramanion.blogspot.com

Moira

Post by Moira » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 am

It's three weeks behind schedule (moving, new job, book writing), but my column is finally updated. (I hate the word "blog." It sounds like a nasty type of a nasal infection.) This time, I'm political: http://moiramanion.blogspot.com/

Next time, it's "I Thought There'd Be Food: Adventures at the Al Franken Rally."

Moira ("My God, It's 3:40 AM") Manion

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:27 am

I been waiting for numero dos! (Speaking of Al Franken, DH was quoting Jesse Ventura at me yesterday, and for once I wasn't snorking up my dinner)

Moira

Post by Moira » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:I been waiting for numero dos! (Speaking of Al Franken, DH was quoting Jesse Ventura at me yesterday, and for once I wasn't snorking up my dinner)
I moved to Minnesota just as Ventura's term was ending, and ending, well, bizarrely.

Have you seen Ventura lately? He's rather alarming. More than usual, I mean. Still, he seemed better than the current Gov, who believes funding libraries and public transportation is unnecessary. I suppose those who don't need libraries and public transportation don't consider them, or the people who do need them, to be important.

However, somehow the government came up with money for a spanking new baseball stadium and the Guthrie's new cobalt blue canning factory theatre, without asking the public whether that's where we wanted our money to go.

Aaaand...I'm slipping into a rant here. I need to save that for my column. ;-)

Moira
http://moiramanion.blogspot.com/

Moira

Post by Moira » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:20 pm

A "Quick Comment" has been added to my column. http://moiramanion.blogspot.com/

Moira

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:10 am

Thanks for that, Moira. I was likewise kinda rolling my eyes over this latest kerfuffle--hey, if struggling blue-collar workers in this country aren't bitter about the way they've been treated, or rather utterly ignored, for the last several decades, THEY DAMN WELL SHOULD BE.

Moira

Post by Moira » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks, Hilary. Things is, people have been bitter, but the media seems to refuse to cover it. Even now, they'd rather call Obama an elitist, than face the reality of what he's saying. When you think of it, where do you find any news which has actual working class Americans speaking their minds, uncensored? On public radio and public TV. Whose funding is due to be slashed by 50%.

grrrrrrr!! :mad:

Moira

Moira

Post by Moira » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:58 pm

I have so much to say about Al Franken's Rally for Change last March 25, that it has to be told in two parts. Part 1 is online now! Part 2 will go up in May, after I move to a nice, new neighborhood without regular gunfire. :D

http://moiramanion.blogspot.com/

Hope you're all happy and well!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:13 pm

Absence of gunfire--it's a good thing.

Return to “General Forum”