Marie Curie podcast

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Marie Curie podcast

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:11 am

Jason talking about his mothers death, and more. The sound will be available on Friday, but we can read about it a little bit now:
https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/blog/podc ... acs/287706

Anniemouse

Re: Marie Curie podcast

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Marie Curie helped me and my family when my own Mother was diagnosed and later passed away from Cancer. As an only child I looked after her at home for a year while she put up a courageous battle I was 19 when she became ill and she died just before I turned 21.
They helped my a lot and are an amazing organisation. I noticed it was not talked about much while it was happening either. I lost so mnay friends as they were all out working and partying getting engaged while I was Mam's nurse. I was very ill for some years afterwards and lost Dad suddenly 3 years later.

I will be listening to this with great interest.

By the was didn't not know Jason's Mother was called Linda.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:01 am

I'm sorry for your loss, Annie.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:40 am

I have just finished lisening to the podcast and found it proundly moving. Jason was very honest and thoughtful. Lots of what he mentioned brought back thoughts, memories and decisions from my own experinces even the business with the suitcases seemed familiar.

I will wait for more of you to listen before going into this interview further.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:41 am

I'm sorry for your loss, Annie. That experience must have been so difficult, and the loss of a parent is such a primal blow, especially to someone so young. I imagine it was incredibly comforting to have support like that--as you observe, the serious illness of a family member can be painfully isolating.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:07 pm

Thank you for the support. I think that was a very difficult interview for Jason to give, his voice seemed be strained at a couple of points. My admiration for Emma just grows after hearing this, she seems a great lady.

Jason gave some great advice and this was an amazing interview. :hands

Return to “General Forum”