The Almost Viewing of The OA

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

The Almost Viewing of The OA

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:15 am

If you do not live in the UK you might not know about the tv transmitter that burnt down (August 10th) and left almost 1 million homes without tv. I am one of them and we are still facing tv screens of white noise, with no news of the day we will get the tv signal back . I tried to get a digital box that would allow me to access Netflicks but even after two engineers battled with the platform I still was left with no tv. On top of all this I threw my back out so am rather fed up at the moment.

Fed up Annie

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: The Almost Viewing of The OA

Post by thunder » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:21 am

I'm sorry Annie, hope you'll feel better soon :hug

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:17 pm

I just read about that transmitter. It must be so frustrating for everyone in that area.

Have you still got WiFi? You can watch Netflix via the internet on another device such as a laptop or iPad. Sorry if that's not an option for you.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:30 pm

I could download netflicks on to the computer but I would lose the amnpunt of bandwidth I have with the broadband package.

I have been told that if I buy a smart tv I could get netflicks but there is nothing wrong with the tv. You could not make any of this up.

Thank you for the help and advice and kind thoughts.

Return to “General Forum”