A Bizarre Rumour

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

A Bizarre Rumour

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:06 am

Just listening to the Kermode and Mayo podcast and someone has mentioned that they believe that a character called The Pheonix on this years The Masked Singer is actually Jason. They believe this as the clues fit him perfectly. I do not watch the show but has anyone seen this. As I am still listening to the podcast they are attemptint to contact Jason. If he is not on the show I gather he will tell them that. I cannot get over the thought that as his Cary Grant show is on the sister station it could be a bizarre way of advertisement and feed Jason's love of singing. I cannot find a clip of The Pheonix (another connection) so what do you all think.

Antoni Bandzior

Re: A Bizarre Rumour

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA12zkZR8-Q

Here you go a link to you tube video - if you can open it.

I'll be very surprised if it was Jason. The voice has some of his undertones especially during the refrain and in the end, but I believe it would be difficult for him to sing and modulate his voice to this level. His voice seems an octave or two lower. But I'm puzzled. The man is capable to do voices(although it's differnet thing to do voices while talking than while singing).

And I'm not sure how far in advance they're recording it... but Jason is filming elsewhere right now.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:54 pm

Kewrmode and Mayo actually sent Jason a text asking him and they got a rteply that they said was neither a yes or no and really confusing.

It is so weird when he speaks and moves I can actually see Jason but not when he sings. The clues fits as well. Lots of people say it is Ricky Wilson and even Tom Felton.

Very confused.

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:13 am

Tom Felton sings a lot on his instagram and that guy doesn't sound like him at all. But in today's post he was posting something about Phoenixes. So who knows? :hit

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:46 am

It is the 'My name is a Catchphrase' that makes me think it is Jason. Other than that it is so strange.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:24 pm

I don't think it sounds like his singing voice... :scratch

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:58 pm

I watched it tonight. Never seen the show before. I think my belief it is him went down to 5% or less. It is not live and is a pre record although I have no idea when it was filmed.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:22 pm

I don't think it is Jason. I've heard his singing voice in a couple of his movies, and it didn't sound like that. And. When he was talking, even though his voice was disguised, it didn't sound like his inflections. That's my 2 cents. :cool:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:31 pm

It would surprise me. Jason has mentioned more than once that he believes he is a terrible singer. I would not call it terrible but to go on a singing show……. A dancing show I could see

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:06 am

Ok, I tuned into to see Pheonix again last Saturday night. I have got to know who it is :D and it was a group of new contestants. Is this the format that it changes every so often?. Does anyone know what is going on? :???:

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:14 am

I have no clue what's going on there. :D
But I'm pretty sure it's not Jason. I'm thinking Matt Smith right now.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:42 am

That is who I think it is.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:26 pm

I don't watch it, so I can't help you. From the hints, I get a feeling it might be a Doctor Who...

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 am

https://twitter.com/jasonsfolly/status/ ... 89fsQ&s=19

So, it's established. He isn't a Phoenix.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:18 am

Oh god that is hilarious. The weird thing is if you hear Pheonix speak you can imagine is it Jason. It is the singing that threw me. By the way how many of the former Harry Potter Crew are great singers. David tennant and one of the Strictly Judges have been mentioned. I know Tom Felton sings but many say it is not him.

Many of Jason's friends must have been asking about this for him to reply. So this rumour did gain traction.

Return to “General Forum”