Tuxedo

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Malfoy Grandma

Tuxedo

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:06 pm

:twisted: Well, was there actually a movie? Seeing JI in that first little portion, I was just bowled over! He looked so gorgeous, and I kept thinking, after playing that little bit till he got clobbered and wrapped in bandages, I thought what a great try-out for James Bond, but I guess nobody looks at that the same as we do! The movie was the usual Jackie Chan junk, but it is worth every penny to me to have that set of scenes with Jason in it! And not all scattered about so there is no effort at all in just replaying that part!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:04 pm

Jackie Chan, and Jennifer Love-Hewitt and her, um, assets.
Bleh.
If you ask me, she and that movie set the achievements of the women's movement back about 11 years.
I have absolute confidence that Jackie is every bit the amazing athlete and all-round great guy that Jason Isaacs described him as, but his awkwardness with some of this dialogue did nothing to redeem the dorky script, and I just cringed at seeing him trying to pick up an art gallery associate while clad in a Hooters t-shirt.

But Jason comes across as so marvelously suave in this movie, and his tango scene is astonishing--he seems utterly oblivious to the camera, and you really believe you're just catching some guy dancing; there is nothing about his face or demeanour that suggests he is aware of anyone or anything but his partner--and the dance.

marilaine

BK drive-thru attendant in '5 Girls'

Post by marilaine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:10 pm

IF you all remember the scene where Clark has Jimmy go thru the drive-thru of Burger King, and the attendant there is seen handing Jimmy the food ("That was pretty quick!" "It's fast food. Anything else?"), that actress is Jordan Madley, and she plays the role of Mara in '5 Girls'.
I freaked out when I saw 'Tuxedo' again (DVD) after watching this movie, and paying close attention to her name in the credits, then checking on 'Tuxedo' (rather hard as the print is microscopic), :whee .

I love being right. ~marilaine :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 pm

I've never seen the Tuxedo because...I can't stand Jackie Chan, sorry, I don't like his movies. I'll watch it someday though-- I want to see Jason's acting. Hm, I need to see that Tango scene. *smiles*

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Jason has some scenes around the beginning, then his character is injured and falls into a coma, and so it's almost all Jackie Chan, and JenLoveHewitt, but he's in the ending. Still dashing. Thank God Jimmy left him alone so he could recover. :lol

His Tango scene is "admirable", but it's his smooth,suave-ness that keeps me watching.
Sorry, Jackie. :roll:
~ml :adore :cool:

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 pm

Oh yeah, I gotta admit, that Tango scene had me drooling plenty, and oh man, he looked ever so scrumptious in that tux!!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:56 am

And, that scene where he's "gliding' backwards........was that done on a skateboard?
(hardly think so, too smooth, and the patio is bricks or cobblestone, right?) :hit
~marilaine :cool: :wheee

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:21 pm

I do believe it was wires that were used so he could glide
and not fall over.....

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:14 pm

You'll have to ask him, Kj!!

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:34 pm

No, Jason is an angel and was floating. ;) I wish, yeah? -sigh-

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:21 pm

I remember when they were filming that in Toronto. What a hoot! Coming Soon had a "Bagel Cam" on set, and fans could log in for a change to see Jackie or Jennifer or Jason (though sadly, he'd already done filming by then) and maybe talk to them via their webchat. Jen and Jackie did make the occasional appearance, but for the most part, it was the secondary cast and crew who kept everyone entertained. Peter Stormare was pretty much a fixture there, and though he played a bad guy in the movie, it was obvious he was very nice in real life. He could often be seen at one of the computers (having just come from the set and still in costume), furiously tapping away at the keyboard and chatting with fans, his electrified hair standing straight up on end.

It seemed like a very relaxed atmosphere with lots of goofing around and jovial spirits.

I'd wish they'd do that do that more often in shoots. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:10 am

I caught this on tv the other day. Sadly I didn't get to see much of Jason because it was near the part with the bomb. So I was thinking to myself, was this movie written by a bunch of 12 year old boys? I only got to the part where Jackie Chane and J.L. Hewitt met up. I promptly fell asleep.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:28 am

Yeah. I always just watch it for Jason (no offense to Jackie Chan. He's pretty funny in the bloopers). But, for the most part, Clark is in, out, and then back again, just for the ending.
But I love that line he has:"You didn't blow it, Jimmy. You just outgrew her."
(Edit: Once again, this isn't exactly word perfect. But I do know a few lines of his from this movie. We just won't go into it now. Shall we?) ~M'L :cool:

Soule

Post by Soule » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 pm

As others have said, its a jackie Chan film, and I find nothing intersting about them at all.

Maybe when i have everything else I will force myself to buy it for JI

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:27 pm

What's worse is that it's a Jack Chan film with Jennifer Love Hewitt. :XXX

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”