WIGS

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

NCGirl

Re: WIGS

Post by NCGirl » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am

I have watched Kendra, Part 1 & 2 and behind the scenes of working with Jason. Jason is very funny. I would love to see him do more comedy ~ even a romantic comedy. He is such a natural talent in anything he is in.

Kendra is kind of strange.....more surreal than professional.

Leaves one thinking though ~ did he or didn't he (with Carla)? Hummmm..... :mrgreen:

Once again ~ great job Mr. Isaacs!

~cadie

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue May 07, 2013 3:04 am

Just a bit of information .... the Fox channel (mainstream TV) has actually been playing advertisements for the WIGS for weeks not at primetime. I know that the first time I saw one, I was shocked. I was watching "Bones" on demand and the Julia Stiles WIGS commercial popped up. I was like whoa ... isn't that something that was just You Tube? I don't know if it means that the whole thing is becoming a lot more popular or what. Just thought I'd pass that on.

~Beth (Michigan)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:28 am

FOX bought WIGS a few months back...I wasn't sure what the fallout would be. If it's only commercials on primetime, no biggie, but if it comes into the stories and who has autonomy, then it'll be ruined. Time will tell, heres hoping Rodrego and Jon will keep their spot in the sun for a LONG time; it seems to be quite popular. And who knows? Maybe someday Jason may get his wish and they'll do male-centric stories, although truthfully they can be equally as human and could be interspersed. I don't find a reason there couldn't be stories about both genders. I'll take that on when I start my OWN internet TV series :pig ...there, problem solved. The world is once again a happy place... :cool: ln

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Well, glory be, I've solved the puzzle as to WHY nurse Kendra was ticking me off SO royally! Here's the deal with Kendra's character: (I found this out by watching the after part of Lauren, which was GREAT, it was an interview by Sara Jones), so apparently they shot Lauren 2 BEFORE they shot Kendra. Ya know, different people work better in different milues. Kendra is a tremendous trauma nurse, she was great in Lauren after her rape. Problem is: she was measuring the problems of Jeff and Macy's marital issues on the same level as Lauren's rape, and the 2 just aren't on the same level at ALL, Kendra couldn't see that, and THAT was what we saw on screen, her blaring indifference to maybe marital problems maybe caused by versed in a demonized "twlighted" room, when she had to deal with a raped soldier not so long ago, and guess what senerio trumped which?
Now I understand. I don't like it, but at least I understand it! :bat ln

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”