WIGS

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Tigerhawk13

Re: WIGS

Post by Tigerhawk13 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:53 pm

I watched the Jan episodes, because I like Stephen Moyer. It was pretty good. It will be interesting to see the one JI is in.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:24 pm

To be honest, I just haven't gotten around to it yet (other RL things require my immediate attention). I will at some point- probably when it is his turn. :cool: And then I will let you know. ;^)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Just an FYI, I've been watching these, and they're pretty darned good...Kendra (Jason's bit) should be up probably by the end of the month, so start checking...LN

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 am

Hmm...I've been wandering over there and checking every so often too, but I still haven't watched any yet (no big surprise, I have netflix stacked on my coffeetable, which I've yet to watch...). Is there any particular one, aside from Himself's, that you would recommend?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 am

What, who ME? PERSONALLY? You're asking MY opinion? umm, ok. The one on now, Erica and Ruth(with Maureen Tireeny) is about a dtr and her aging parents and the issues of a single adult child and how to deal with issues like taking away car keys, selling their house, with 1 parent with early-mid dementia, and 1 very strong mom who is in strong denial who can't be a good caregiver alone. It's really good (an I see it all the time, and it is drawn perfectly). Blue is WONDERFUL, I liked Jan, Leslie and Christine with America Ferrera (although it was kinda weird, but you know me, I like weird...). I like the ones with >10 chapters, b/c to me less doesn't feel like enough of a story, just like a blurb, but the longer ones are really quite rare and wonderful; and if you're not running around all day after little kids in scorching heat and not dead trying to watch them, falling asleep, I found that NOW, I quite like being able to watch 4--5 episodes, then pause, go to sleep proper and restart the next day, it works well and you can get back into the groove of the story just dandy! Rotsa Ruck! LN

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to put the pressure on you! ;^)

Thanks! :mrgreen:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 pm

what, who ME? Pesonally? hahahahahahahhahah ln

Tigerhawk13

Post by Tigerhawk13 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm

I have watched all of them, and they are all really good. An absolute must watch is Lauren, it is a short but powerful one. I also liked Christine, Dakota, Georgia and Vanessa & Jan. Georgia has some funny one liners. You can watch Vanessa and Jan, but it is an off shoot of Jan so you might want to what that one first. Each episode n an individual is short, less than 10 minutes for almost all of them, so you don't have to invest a lot of time each episode. Some of the series are as short as two or three episodes, some as much as 13. I can't wait for Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings when each new episode is released, I am hooked. Glad to hear JI's is coming. The current series will air its last episode next Monday, assuming they follow the current schedule, so maybe JI's starts next week. Finger and toes crossed, because I really need a JI fix. :-)
Here is a link to all every series.
http://www.watchwigs.com/

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Hey Tigerhawk, you did a MUCH better synapsis than I did, job very well done! WOW another Chicagoian, I was beginning to think I was the only person in this city who knew who this guy IS! Glad you're here too! LN

Tigerhawk13

Post by Tigerhawk13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 am

Hey LN,

Don't worry, you are not alone in the Windy City. Plus all my friends here know who he is, because I won't quit talking about him. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:51 am

Tigerhawk, I'm SO glad to hear it! My friends have, oh lets just call it other agendas, and as long as I discuss THOSE, we're fine, discuss any sillliness doing with entertainment (especially about someone NOT from the USA, and it becomes MY idiocy). I live in a 'small, small world". I sometimes forget there is a larger world in the wonderful Windy City, thanks for the reminder! :hands LN

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:33 am

We have a date (and small synopsis)
Over on YouTube’s WIGS channel (youtube.com/wigs), they’re getting ready for the Nov. 12 premiere of “Kendra,” an eight-episode series starring Jason Isaacs (“Harry Potter,” “Awake”). In the series, written and directed by Jon Avnet (“Black Swan”), Isaacs plays a guy who undergoes surgery and comes to in the post-op room where he groggily admits his marital infidelities to a nurse, Kendra (Sarah Jones)and his wife. Hate when that happens.
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t ... 7ae2KlONWI

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Thank you Tigerhawk for extra synopses. Thanks Thunder for de-mystifying the debut.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:23 pm

I believe Jason wrote/or said that he's in a 'couple' of episodes of WIGS, do we know what the second one is called? As long as we have a date for the first-yeah! Thanks Thunder for the update, I knew it had to be soon, but a specific date is much better! LN

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 am

Well, tomorrow is 11/12, so be on the lookout for SOMETHING new JI. Also, I've noted they've changed their tag line, it NOW reads "Where It Gets Saucy". What's a word or two between friends? I KNOW it's off topic, but don't want to start a new thread, but does ANY one (feel free to start a new thread please if it's warrented) know or heard anything about these International Emmys Jason's up for on I think Nov 19 in LA for CH? I KNOW he's up for it, there are 2 UK actors up for stuff, theres a whole section for kids films, and Alan Alda and Norman Lear (M*A*S*H and All In The Family) are getting special awards). Does anyone know anything else?? LN

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”