After the Fall

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Anniemouse

After the Fall

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:55 am

I have just watched this movie and I found it fascinating. First of all the one thing I was slightly unsure of was the pace; as the credits rolled and Terrance Mallick was thanked you understood what the Director was doing, all the languid images of the sky and lanscape, but it took me out of the narrative a couple of times but that was not a major problem.

I do not think thte narrative was that unusual exept that it was lifted by some wonderful acting, Jason an the divorcing Detective drinking himself into a stupour and giving out advice was a fascinating character. I actually felt happy for the character when he started to unpack as you felt he was accepting his new life and starting again.

I liked the ambiguous ending and thought that the acting was pretty good all round.

I might just be Jason biased but would have loved to have seen more of Frank and he was powerful enough to have a seuqal of his own.

I enjoyed it.

I will watch it again with the commentary so looking forward to that.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: After the Fall

Post by thunder » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:29 pm

I liked this movie too, and I thought Frank was more likable and more interesting than the lead character.

Here's our subforum for the movie, if you are interested in more and opinions, Annia: https://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=39

:D

Anniemouse

Re: After the Fall

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Thank you for link.

I have finished listening to the commentary and found it fasinating. What movies was Jason filming at the time of the DVD extras as he mentioned he was alone filming another movie at the time of recording. I thought it was sweet when he mentioned that Emma was sort of his first major relationship. Interesting point about Richard E Grant and Jason doing great drunk scenes and I loved how he kept giving the listener snippets of the techniques regarding filming.

I was surprised they dropped the scene where Frank tampers with the evidence bag as in the movie it was more ambiguous as to who had collected the evidene to get the arrest.

Interesting that Jason wanted the character to drive away from the Police station at the end. I think on balance I agree, although I love the ambiguity at the end.

Really enjoyed it. You get the impressiuon you talk to Jason for hours over the acting process; which I would find fascinating.

Also interesting to note that he seems to have some sort of connection to Paul Simonon. of The Clash.

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”