The Last Minute

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Minuet

The Last Minute

Post by Minuet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:18 am

I just saw "The Last Minute" last night for the first time, and I want to talk about it with someone. Anyone interested?

snape

last minute

Post by snape » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:16 am

okay! Tell me about, I saw it two days before....

Well, very strange, Jason a usual super good looking, always very brutal, but uuuuuhhhhh the man of my dreams... hehe..

But I didn't understand everything.... :-(

Yours Snape

F**ck, sometimes I write faults because I write too fast and sometimes I choose the wrong words... I meant everything NOT anything!!! MMMMhHHHH :???:
Last edited by snape on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:26 am

Well, I understood it, but understanding it just makes me realize that it was more style than substance. A lot of cool visuals, some great scenes (all of Jason's scenes, for example), but more of the idea of a story than an actual story. Essentially, the story idea is this...the Current Big Thing is a flash in the pan, and the Next Big Thing is always just around the corner.

The rest of the movie is really just one long music video.

But Jason is, as ever, fabulous in a small role. The fetish club scene is great, but it was "When a Man Loves a Woman" that really cracked me up. Especially when the battered, blood-streaked thugs with him started to lip-synch in harmony. Priceless. :D

That said, my favorite bit was that sly little wink at the very end of the credits. Jason puts so much meaning into the tiniest of gestures. **sigh** I love him so. And I hope he has a very happy birthday. :yip

snape

Villain

Post by snape » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:13 am

Well, I like him too... he is really very sexy, BUT, It's a pity that he is very often seen in similar characters...
i mean, good dressed (mostly black, and he looks gorgious), very good manners, friendly, quit handsom and then one wrong word and he turns in a brutalo... prefering giving swedish kisses (we call that that way, when someone hit the others nose with his front).

And sometimes it is too much for me. and the most cruel thing, to kill the old man with the sledge hammer... I mean... just immagine... and after that singing... You know, it's clear, it's just a film, but sometimes it's too much.

And when I look at the BBC Report about Hooligans, where Jason is the narrator, and there I see all this stuff, but REAL, it's really strange for me. Sometimes I'm really bewilldered, you understand what I want to say?

Yours, Snape

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:52 am

prefering giving swedish kisses
I've always called it a Scottish handshake. :D

snape

Post by snape » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:15 am

Are you scottish????

:-)

By the way, who is that on the little movie in your avatar?

Yours Snape

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:45 am

That's the dojo scene from The Matrix -- origami style. :D

snape

Post by snape » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:47 am

Minuet wrote:

But Jason is, as ever, fabulous in a small role. The fetish club scene is great, but it was "When a Man Loves a Woman" that really cracked me up. Especially when the battered, blood-streaked thugs with him started to lip-synch in harmony. Priceless. :D
Sorry, what means battered, blood-steaked thougs????

Sorry, Snape

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:56 am

Thugs = goons, muscle, henchmen

The battered, blood-streaked thugs were the two guys who were standing behind Percy when he sledgehammered Fagan. :cool:

snape

Post by snape » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:30 am

Thanks,

for beeing my translator, explainator.... hehehe

yours Snape

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:37 pm

he is really very sexy, BUT, It's a pity that he is very often seen in similar characters...
It really is a pity that producers/directors/whoever aren't casting JI in roles that offer him more range, more scope--it seems like a failure of imagination. They've seen him do something before, he was great--let's get him to do it again! He did at least seem to be genuinely enjoying himself in The Last Minute, and the commentary (by Stephen Norrington, I think) shared that Jason had apparently taken it upon himself to choreograph his stooges, which was certainly a delicious image.
JI has had roles that were very different, and when something like Passionada comes along, we think Yes! This is the one that will finally do it, be his big, breakthrough part--and then it goes straight to video.
We've talked about this periodically; everything you ever read, and I mean EVERYthing, from other actors/producers/crew/wandering pedestrians has been positive: JI is hard-working, dependable, professional, affable, generous--so what's the deal???? Je ne sais pas!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:13 pm

Hollywood is in a word ... stupid!

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:08 pm

JI is hard-working, dependable, professional, affable, generous--so what's the deal???? Je ne sais pas!
You forgot gorgeous! (So sez both Catherine Keener and Sofia Milos, and they would know. :D )

Malfoy Grandma

HOLLYWOOD CRAP!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:20 am

:twisted: Ladies (and gents!) you need to know some sorry stuff about Hollywood. Of all things, I happen to have a Hollywood friend who is what is sometimes called "a package maker," who specializes in getting things together such as a book, a script, a story, or what have you, which appeals to him, then finding actors, directors, script-writers and such to create what is called a package of deals with which he tries to raise money for actual production! It is a scandalously difficult business, this getting backing for movies, which have become so expensive that it is prohibitory! A more difficult business than selling used cars! These people have to please EVERYBODY and promise the investors they will make a profit! Once he sent me a script of a projected film for which he had everything except a studio to produce it. Then the whole deal fell apart, and he personally owed Faye Dunaway $100,000 as her first fee for having signed to the lead! Well, Miss Faye forgave the legal debt and he now thinks she is the kindest woman he ever knew! For instance, he competed to have a script I wrote produced by the Luxembourg Consortium, it did not win the funding, Kurt Russell's TOMBSTONE won. The other dozen entries, like mine, went totally down the drain. That's the way Hollywood goes. Whatever they think will sell big time all over the world wins the biggest production money. What a business.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Alas, money talks.

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”