"DANGEROUS LADY" wow

The projects that don't have their own subforums, because they are older than The Lost Girls, but still deserve a special place on the board..

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

lyra70

Post by lyra70 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:39 pm

Yes Foodie, I love that site and bless her for putting that up. I still wish there was some kind of gathering place for an endless supply of footage and I would do my part to contribute. I have checked out several video stores for "Dangerous Lady" but they don't have 'em and I am just not in the position to buy more JI things (although I would if I could)...

Anniemouse

Re: "DANGEROUS LADY" wow

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:13 am

I have one episode to go of this and have enjoyed this immensely.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:24 am

That last one will PUNCH YOU IN THE HEART

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:16 am

I watched the last episode and boy it was amazing and heartbreaking. Betrayal dominating the procedings, and real tension.

I thought those last scenes were so great and even though jason was probably at the early stages of his career he was magnificent.

Mickey was such a wonderfully believable character. On watching so many of his projects it must take a lot out of him because I am left a wreck just watching them. :cherub

servalan

Post by servalan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:26 am

I'm glad you liked it. It's one of Jason's best IMO, and as you say he was young and quite unknown then. It's totally his and Susan Lynch's show. (Interestingly in the book Maura is very blonde, not dark like Susan.)

It's also interesting to see some of the rest of the cast in their earlier days, such as John Thomson and Owen Teale (whom I have just been watching in Line of Duty series 1.)

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:32 pm

I noticed the early appearance of certain cast members. That last scene in the safe house with Moira stroking Mickey's cheek was so moving and you know that everything has collapsed around her.

Was Mickeys lover the person who arranged for Benny to be kidnapped. I was not 100% sure either way. That scene where Mickey starts off seducing his lover and ends up covered in blood was deeply shocking and very well acted.

Also the short scene where Mickey is sat by the bed in shock after he and Moira have dumped the body was so great as Jason sitting still, curled up next to the bed told you all you needed to know about the character's state of mind. I really enjoyed it.

Return to “Older classics”