Is the DVD worth buying?

This BBC/BBC America miniseries, filmed in Toronto, was broadcast on 2 November 2006 on BBC1 in the UK, and in the US in February 2007.

Moderators: fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Why, it's the NYC subway line that runs under Lexington Avenue's high-rent district. And CPU is College Point University I'm guessing? :scratch

Malfoygrandma

Worth Buying!

Post by Malfoygrandma » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:55 pm

:bat Naughty, naughty! Of course it is worth every glimpse of JI all cleaned up and speaking good,good English in his real accent, and not even murdering people and getting a flunky to bury them under the overpass. I had to watch it about three times through to really appreciate it, but it is well worth buying, and seeing him look so GOOD! Well,....no more of that, naughty Grandma!

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:18 pm

The dvd description on amazon says that it's region "unknown". Did anybody buy their dvd from them? Did it work all right? I'm about to place a large order from them and I really want this, so if anybody knows, please tell me! Thanks!!!

-Foodie :?:

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 am

Mine appears to be dual-coded Regions 2 & 4, which is pretty common for BBC releases (saves the cost os another pressing, as both the UK and Australia/NZ are PAL.

I got mine from Amazon.co.uk.

Ob$e$$ed

Re: Worth Buying!

Post by Ob$e$$ed » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 am

Malfoygrandma wrote::bat Naughty, naughty! Of course it is worth every glimpse of JI all cleaned up and speaking good,good English in his real accent, and not even murdering people and getting a flunky to bury them under the overpass. I had to watch it about three times through to really appreciate it, but it is well worth buying, and seeing him look so GOOD! Well,....no more of that, naughty Grandma!
Not actually his 'real' accent but closer than Michael Caffee or Mike Steele obviously. :D

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 am

Foodie, I just looked at my DVD from Amazon, and it reads Region 1.
Then I looked at my DVD from Amazon UK, and it reads Region 2.
So buy from Amazon, and you will be OK...

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:04 am

Thanks everybody! I will definitely order TSW on my next order! I can't wait to see it!

-Foodie :D

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 am

Good tip Kj...yes I have both as well and they do both play for me but Foodie do as Kj has said and you wlll be fine!! :D

It is SO WORTH IT...believe us!!!! ;-)

Hugs,
Kate

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:55 pm

Well, I placed my order for it today! Hopefully it'll get here in the next couple weeks! I'll make sure to keep you all informed of what I think of it!

-Foodie :D

lyra70

Post by lyra70 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:19 pm

Foodie, Jason is about as luscious in this as I have ever seen him. He is absolutely gorgeous and I do enjoy seeing him being heroic for once. It's got everything - he has action scenes, love scenes (what a fantastic kisser) and he cries (in a very manly heart-wrenching way). I can't ask for much more than that.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:38 pm

U R absolutely right lyra, TSW has got it all...
Mr Jason at his best He looks stunning (must be the suits and ties)
Dont forget the TUX

Ob$e$$ed

Post by Ob$e$$ed » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:52 am

The suits and ties are one of the few things I don't like about TSW, I much prefer Jason in T-shirt and jeans with mud on the knees, trainers and no socks and his jeans undone. Oh the memories... :D

I'm so glad I bought the dvd though, it really does stand up to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th.... viewing. Very rewarding.

malfoygrandma

how about necks?

Post by malfoygrandma » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:28 am

:cool: Everyone has secret touch-points, I guess, and JI's throat, neck, jaw, blue under-beard, that brown mole on his left jugular! EGAD! All those are gorgous in TSW, especially in that second love scene, and he does look great when he undoes that tie, and lets that nice neck show! I have to go throw cold water on my face! Good Lord!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:54 am

He does have a way about him...and yes all those attributes you mentioned are "DEADLY!!!"

Our Jason is one exquisite man in so may ways!! :D

Hugs,
Kate

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:27 pm

you ladies are correct, it's not so much what he wears, it's the MAN
HIMSELF...Gorgeous, oh that three button undone look...LOL
:D

Return to “The State Within”