About that plane crash ...

This BBC/BBC America miniseries, filmed in Toronto, was broadcast on 2 November 2006 on BBC1 in the UK, and in the US in February 2007.

Moderators: fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

Gillian
Site Admin

About that plane crash ...

Post by Gillian » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:29 pm

I'll bet commuters were having flashbacks to last year when a jet overshot the runway at Pearson.
I have to wonder too ... was this a quote from last night's Q&A?

BBC drama fuels terror fears
By Derek Robins
October 12, 2006

A BBC1 thriller caused real panic when scenes featuring the terrorist bombing of a jet which crashed on a freeway were shot near Toronto Airport.

Jason Isaacs, star of The State Within, said: “It must have been very distressing for people driving to the airport to see a burning, blown-up plane, hundreds of upturned wrecked cars and hundreds of people covered in blood and gore.

“I think there was a lot of panic with people ringing 911 – the equivalent of 999 – to check what was going on.

“They had to be reassured that it was a film set but there weren’t any warning signs to tell them this.

“I did feel for those people but my four-year-old daughter Lily who was on the set didn’t bat an eyelid when she saw me filming a scene when I failed to rescue a bloodied woman trapped in a car.

“She’s more terrified of cartoons like when the sharks chase Nemo.â€

Return to “The State Within”