Jason and Lee Evans, tomorrow - Johnathan Ross Show, BBC 2

Jason Isaacs appeared opposite Lee Evans in this play by Harold Pinter for seven weeks in the spring of 2007, at Trafalgar Studios in London.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Gillian
Site Admin

Jason and Lee Evans, tomorrow - Johnathan Ross Show, BBC 2

Post by Gillian » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:09 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/ross/ ... l?focuswin

So that's what, 10 am to 1 pm their time -- and in North America, 5 till 8 am EST? Not that I'll be up that bloody early.
Thank god for the 'Listen Again' feature.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:06 pm

Alright ... so that was a bit frenetic, but I guess that's not surprising when you've got four guys trying to talk at once. Rehearsals seem to be going well, although Jason and Lee do have a bit of pre-opening show jitters going on. The Dumb Waiter starts this Friday at the Trafalgar Studios and is an hour long, and from what the guys are saying everyone in the theatre should have a good view given the layout and proximity to the stage.

You can listen to the program again by either going to the website at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/ross/ ... l?focuswin, clicking "Listen Live" and selecting "Jonathan Ross" from the menu at left, or opening your Real Player application, selecting "Open Location" from the "File" menu and pasting in this url ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/shows/rp ... 2/ross.rpm

Their segment begins 50 minutes and 55 seconds into the show.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Thanks for pinning that down for us, Gillian--and also for using the word "frenetic". Great word, doesn't get out enough.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:10 am

Ive listened to this interview a few times, and each time I pick up on more of the dialogue...like Gillian said, its difficult to understand when 4 guys are all talking at the same time...Lee Evans is very funny, and Jason is trying to sell the play...at one point, Jonathan Ross is talking about Jasons eyes, "Like looking at Bambi" and how he cant concentrate looking at his blue eyes....Jason is talking, so is everyone else, and Jason exclaims "Im talking to myself"..talks about rehearsehals, and there is a heavy metal band rehearsing next door, and a homeless guy in the doorway...Lee states he cant remember his lines, and Jason is hoping they can get most of Pinters lines correct..
The following guest was in The Last Don II, and Jason starts to comment about the movie. He was a New Jersey priest who was defrocked by Kirstie Alley..."She tore off my dog collar and shagged me in the Loft"...Then JR asks if she was the thin or heavy Kirstie, and Jason says
she was the size of "Kent"..."Luckily I was on top"...LOL
He then also had nothing but nice things to say about her.."Lovely, Great", etc...
This is a really fun interview, take some time and listen, at least a few times, there will be dialogue that you've missed the first time...
I never knew Lee Evans was soooo FUNNY.....

Return to “The Dumb Waiter”