AHA! New film for JI? "Green Zone"

A forum for discussion of this Paul Greengrass-directed project, also starring Matt Damon and Sean Huze

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

AHA! New film for JI? "Green Zone"

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Got this as a Google alert: Jason Isaacs is apparently attached to Paul Greengrass' new film, Green Zone (aka Imperial Life in the Green Zone?).

Greengrass is the much-lauded director (well, Kermode loves him anyway) of The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. The title of this newest refers to the 'safe area' in Baghdad, formerly a luxe hangout of Saddam Hussein.

Here's a link to a blog discussion of the film, early days:
http://mattdamoncolumn.livejournal.com/199036.html

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Ah, Jason's news, finally.
Jason Isaacs is apparently attached to Paul Greengrass' new film, Green Zone (aka Imperial Life in the Green Zone?).
Yeah, apparently...

~me

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Oh dear--according to this article from Variety, depending on his role, JI may be back in Morocco for shooting.

(The last time he worked in Morocco, for Black Hawk Down, the experience was not unalloyedly joyful: he appeared on talk shows and interviews with costar Orlando Bloom, who was asked about the tattoo he'd gotten after working on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. One of them interjected that they'd got BHD tats as well--instead of something elegant in Elvish, these read "Get me the fuck out of Morocco".)
Last edited by Hilary the Touched on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:58 pm

Could be interesting - I liked the Bourne films!

The safe zone is not so safe anymore. I was just talking to an Army Major who just got the hell out of Bagdad and he said there had been numerous rockets launched into the zone. He was there for 9 months and more than ready to get out. He had some good stories.....

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:08 pm

He had some good stories.....
I'll bet, she says grimly.
One of the actors also attached to this movie is a former Marine infantryman who wrote a play called The Sand Storm based on his experiences.

Here, I knew our pals at Empire Magazine (who also :adore JI) wouldn't let us down.
There's a big scary "DO NOT PUBLISH - NEED CLEARANCE" emblazoned across the top, so just in case, I'll quote the text--

"Jason Isaacs has joined the cast of Paul Greengrass’ new thriller, The Green Zone, Empire can exclusively reveal.

The British actor – and all-round good egg, it has to be said – will play Lt. Briggs, a Special Forces unit commander who butts heads with Matt Damon’s Chief Warrant Officer, Roy Miller, during the search for WMDs in Iraq, following the fall of Saddam Hussein and the start of the American occupation of Baghdad.

This is good news – Isaacs is a fine actor, and it’ll be fine to see him and Damon spark off each other in a movie that we’re hugely excited about. He also, crucially, has experience of working with Greengrass, having starred in the 1997 TV movie, The Fix, alongside Steve Coogan.

The thriller, loosely inspired by the book Imperial Life In The Emerald City, has been shooting for just over a month on locations in Spain and Morocco, with London to come in the months to follow. Several major parts have yet to be cast, but are very close – stay tuned to Empire for further announcements.
Chris Hewitt"
Last edited by Hilary the Touched on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Well that is some good news...

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Thus ends the recent drought.

Thanks, Hil. Sounds interesting.

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:54 am

The Fix!!!! I wish that would come out on DVD.

I have it on VHS.....somewhere.....and it's a really good moofie.

Coogan is fantastic in it as a sleazy showbiz tabliod reporter (before there were such things).

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Time for a new forum Hils!!!!! This one has to have better luck than the kidnapped RV flick! :mrgreen:

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Hopefully he didn't shave his head again. Mike Caffee needs his own hair.
:D

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Never cared for that look. One of my least favorites of all his roles.

I'm with you, Char. He looks best with his own hair.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:42 pm

and all-round good egg, it has to be said

Sounds like a bald head to me.

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Yikes, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Even though he was still hot in BHD, I do prefer Jason with hair, thank you...

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:27 pm

And I'm with you, girls. I prefer him with hair.
Jason, don't shave your hair, please. LOL! I'm j/k.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:12 am

Lt. Briggs, a Special Forces commander.
Hm hm hm.
Well, Ima go out on a limb and guess that Empire got the rank wrong--as a lieutenant, he wouldn't be in command of much, and not to be rude, but unless he went to OCS after a lengthy career as an enlisted man, someone his age would be far more likely to be, say, a major or lieutenant COLONEL.
If he's Delta, he might have his hair; if he's a Ranger, I'm afraid we're pretty well doomed to a high-and-tight.
All of which is pointless speculation, of course. We could ALL be wrong about EVERTHING.

What would it take him to regrow Caffee-length coif--3 months? Hm . . .

Return to “Green Zone”