Trailer

A BBC4 biodrama about the lives of the actors portraying beloved stars of seminal sitcom "Steptoe and Son". Jason Isaacs earned a BAFTA nomination for his portrayal of Harry H. Corbett! First aired 19 March, 2008.

Moderators: thunder, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Lucky you, Heather!! And glad to hear he's making the rounds!

OTink

Good Show

Post by OTink » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:08 pm

This show looks good. Too bad we can't see it over here. Maybe You Tube will show it. They're up on the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa8TyF6l ... re=related

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:08 am

good to know he's promoting Steptoe...hopefully, GOOD should
be next to promote...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Thanks for reminding me, KJ--I picked up a copy of Men's Vogue (!!!!) yesterday, because Viggo Mortensen was on the cover and my old Army buddy (sorry, I just love saying that) Brenda is crazymad for Viggo. There were plenty of stupid photos of him wearing a coat, having pants on etc. *yawn* and quotes about Lord of the Rings and Eastern Promises, but I found not one mention of Good!!!!!!!

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Gillian wrote:Lucky you, Heather!! And glad to hear he's making the rounds!
He was saying [on this morning] that he had watched a preview showing with Emma the day before and she thinks it is the saddest thing he has ever done. Isn't it strange though? all of those, what you would consider Funny People, how sad many of them are.

I have watched Steptoe and Son for years, it was my late fathers favourite show on TV, I would have never even thought that Harry H Corbet was one of the best actors in this country at the time, apparantly S+S was so popular he gave up his ambitions for a steady job. I think I may need tissues [Many] for this, you should see me at the end of most episodes of Cold Case. [Where's that crying Emoticon when you need it?]

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:46 pm

no worries, got your back Hils...LOL

Wow, Heather, thatnx for that info..the saddest thing he's done yet...
he just keeps getting better and better...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:52 pm

:bawl There you are, Heather! Well, as the expression says, "be careful what you wish for".
We keep thinking it'd be nice for Jason Isaacs to get the huge lead role in a massive commercial success--but look at poor Daniel Radcliffe, hiring bodyguards so he can leave his home . . .

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:38 pm

I so agree Hilary. Look at Britney Spears, anyone like to step into her shoes for a day? No me neither!

Return to “The Curse of Steptoe”