Skeletons on Meg Wood's top ten of 2010 list

This independent British production concerns the adventures of a pair who provide mysterious services to couples contemplating marriage. It was a festival favourite in 2010 and is available on DVD.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

fruitbat

Skeletons on Meg Wood's top ten of 2010 list

Post by fruitbat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:19 pm

click

She actually calls the list "GOOD MOVIES Seen in 2010", but......

SaraR

Re: Skeletons on Meg Wood's top ten of 2010 list

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm so excited to see this! I've already told a few friends about it and recommended it, just based on the trailer. I love offbeat British films and it looks like a keeper. :mrgreen:

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Eh nah, hahaha. I like them more because they deal with random topics instead of the same old garbage American films generally deal with. I love seeing movies with an actual creative spark in them.

It seems like studios here are more interested in putting out huge blockbusters than really telling stories... and the 3D craze makes me want to just take a long nap. Ugh.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:38 pm

We live in an era where special effects are more important than the plot. I don't care about special effects and 3D movies, just give me a good story and I'll be happy! :))

~me

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Amen!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Sara, you sound like you're channeling Mark Kermode!
I think it's his contention that the 3-D craze is largely about preventing illicit copying :-( .
More than one Lost Girl has remarked that it only leaves them with headache and nausea--not exactly what you hope for when you fork over 3 extra bucks for a movie ticket . . .

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Hahah

Yeah, I just don't see the point, at all. Plus I already have a pair of glasses that I'm basically blind without, so why put a pair over those? It's insipid. Movie prices suck so much now anyway that I hardly ever go. Half the time here in Kansas City, you can't even get a student discount, which is incredibly irritating. Every time I go they give some excuse about oh well, this time slot doesn't have them, or no not on Friday nights. It's just nuke.gif

I mean, I can totally understand iMax, that RULES if it's the right movie, but all these HD/3D/WTFD movie crazes are pointless.
If I want a 3D movie, I'll... go do something in real life.

I actually worked with a girl whose dad cried because they couldn't see Avatar in 3D :loco

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:53 pm

I've never even seen it.

I figure if I'm going to watch a movie with crazy effects and a huge budget, I'll just wait to sit through the HP movies since at least there are people I want to watch in those.

I've become a very picky cinemagoer since I moved to Kansas City. ::rofl

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm

I've never been to see any 3-D movie but after seeing HP1 (except for HP2) I doubt I'll go to see anymore movies.
When we went to see HP1 we sat thru 1/2 hour of commercials and previews.
If I want to see that I'll stay at home and watch TV.
From now on I'll wait for the DVD and watch it on Netflix. (movie rental)

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:45 am

This is next on my list of DVDs. The more Jason movies I can get the better.

~Ml *yeahbaby* :woot

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 pm

WTFD movie

Good one, Sara!!

3-D makes me dizzy. If this craze/fad continues, I hope they still offer a 2-D version, but that requires filming it either twice or with 2 cameras, which gets expensive. Doesn't bode well.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:21 pm

I've only seen one movie in 3D (How to train your Dragon). It was all right, I didn't get dizzy or anything, but didn't really understand what all the fuzz is about. I won't be bothering investing in a 3D TV, that's for sure. Call me old fashioned, but movies, for me, are a 2D thing. :furthermore

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm

My sister and I took her son, "D", then, still 6, to see his first movie over the holidays. I mean, first ever; he doesn't even watch dvds, or any tv.

We weren't thrilled to find that Tangled was in 3D. Entirely unnecessary; when the butterflies floated up, I had to stop myself from smacking them (or the head of the child sitting in front of me, more likely).

D was not happy about the glasses and didn't appreciate the effect as he'd never seen anything else. I also hate the glasses-over-glasses bit.

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:09 pm

thunder wrote:I've only seen one movie in 3D (How to train your Dragon). It was all right, I didn't get dizzy or anything, but didn't really understand what all the fuzz is about. I won't be bothering investing in a 3D TV, that's for sure. Call me old fashioned, but movies, for me, are a 2D thing. :furthermore
Indeed.
How to Train Your Dragon was perfectly brilliant in 2D. At least that one had a good story and substance...

Honestly, I'd just like to own a TV that doesn't weigh more than I do... I have a GIANT flat screen, but it's the old kind that a friend traded me because she couldn't get it into her apartment. :dunce

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:51 pm

I would never buy a 3D TV. That would be a great waste of money, if I want to watch something in 3D I go to the movies.

~me

Return to “Skeletons”