Review

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

crawfoc99

Re: Review

Post by crawfoc99 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:41 pm

ln419 wrote:oh..THAT? It's a slight of hand used by us lazy people with asbestos hands who don't bother with pans under pizza in the oven; ya just redistribute the weight (and heat) of the pizza around all 8 fingers (don't bother with your thumbs) until you arrive at your destination (be it 10' or whatever, and move really quickly). Takes a bit of practice, thats all. Good luck!
LOL That scene always gets me as well. Wish I had asbestos fingers, but alas. I always use a tray as well as baking paper, so there's less cleaning up and spillage.

Knowing the production, it was probably just warm and Jason acted it well. :D

Hooroo,
Carole

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 pm

RE-SAW: ok, I can STILL do the "slight of hand" with hot pizza and put pizza on tin foil (and have 2 ovens cuz we keep kosher and have a meat and dairy oven - pain to clean 2 ovens), but when I re-watched, I decided it was obviously great acting by Jason (what a shock!), but the pizza (if you keep watching it) is luke warm at best, Millie doesn't seem phased and it looks pretty cool to the touch for her, considering it's right out of the oven (seemingly very hot to Jason-again, great acting, not that Millie is any slouch by a mile, please don't get me wrong!)-she just takes a pre cut piece and eats, no blowing on it or anything. So there you have it, cool pizza looking mighty hot. I still claim it's doable though, and I'm willing to bet that Jason could take out hot pizza and bring it to a table if he wanted/needed to for Lily and Ruby. ln (ellen)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:31 pm

ln419 wrote:RE-SAW: ok, I can STILL do the "slight of hand" with hot pizza and put pizza on tin foil (and have 2 ovens cuz we keep kosher and have a meat and dairy oven - pain to clean 2 ovens), but when I re-watched, I decided it was obviously great acting by Jason (what a shock!), but the pizza (if you keep watching it) is luke warm at best, Millie doesn't seem phased and it looks pretty cool to the touch for her, considering it's right out of the oven (seemingly very hot to Jason-again, great acting, not that Millie is any slouch by a mile, please don't get me wrong!)-she just takes a pre cut piece and eats, no blowing on it or anything. So there you have it, cool pizza looking mighty hot. I still claim it's doable though, and I'm willing to bet that Jason could take out hot pizza and bring it to a table if he wanted/needed to for Lily and Ruby. ln (ellen)
When CH was first broadcast in the UK, I noticed a lot of criticism of the pizza in the comments sections of many reviews.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Well, if that's the worst thing they could think of to criticize, then CH is a successful series.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Helen8 I absolutly agree, I was commenting on the request to send Jason oven mitts, and the discussion digressed from there. Absolutely loved the series and am very excited to see the next 2 installments (just hope for his sake they're not done in the midst of the winter...). I think, from what I've read they're only doing 4 episodes for Awake for midseason, which seems a small amount, and the networks haven't yet worked out their midseason schedules yet; not quite sure who exactly is asleep at the switches, but it's the beginning of December - someone should have made some sort of decision by now for heavens sake! Stay warm wherever yall are! ln (ellen)

Return to “Case Histories”