Case Histories locations

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

CaseHistories

Re: Case Histories locations

Post by CaseHistories » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks Servalan, don't think I will be at North Queensferry, but I will be at the Vennel Steps, trying the Jackson Brodie pose :wheee
Won't have a dog with me though.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:55 pm

The Lost Girls, also giving travel advice. :D I knew we had a topic like this. (Maybe we should have for every movie? Or how about a travel book? - "The Lost Girls Travels")

Helpful topic, I'm going there on Friday. Will try to walk in Jackson's footsteps (a little bit at least). Thanks everyone for helping find the locations.

Complete impulse trip, didn't know about The Fringe Festival before we started to check "what's on". :mrgreen:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Wow. Are yiou going to Scotland during the Fringe Festival? That's like...the Fringe Featival of Fringe Festivals! I've gone to some shows at the NYC Fringe Festival & I've done one or two for the Philly one. They are always great fun. I'm sooo jealous! Have fun! :)

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:40 am

I will. :D We decided on Tuesday that we wanted to go on a final trip before the vacation ends. Went to look at flight from our local airport and decided on Edinburgh, since we haven't been there before. Booked the flight and hotel, and wondered why there were so few available hotel rooms left. Then we discovered The Fringe Festival, and everything just got even better. :wheee

CaseHistories

Post by CaseHistories » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi Thunder, have fun tracing Jackson Brodie's footsteps. I did make it to quite a few locations mentioned in the above posts.
You may also want to check out St Ninian's Row, I think the tunnel scenes and the night club entrance from Series 2 (Jackson and the women) were shot around there.
Carlton Terrace Mews is a very quiet residential area. My friend and I joked that the old lady sitting on the bench around the corner was going to call the police on us loiterers!
Last edited by CaseHistories on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:48 am

Thank you. :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Found and took pictures of Jackson's office/street today. And I saw several other places too, but didn't take pics because the weather made me want to stay on the sight seeing bus. City looks even better "in person". :D

servalan

Post by servalan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:55 am

Glad you are enjoying Edinburgh, Thunder, but the weather yesterday was really awful! :-( We've been through to Glasgow twice for the Commonwealth Games, and got caught in a very heavy shower on Thursday, but the weather has mostly been pretty good for the Games.

Victoria Street where Jackson's office is, is one of the city's prettiest streets. When you see it IRL, you can also see all the tricks they played when filming actors approaching it on the wrong side of the street.

There is also a Jackson's Close in the city, just off the Royal Mile. ;-)

Have you been to the Fringe?

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Rain is actually quite nice after 3 weeks of heat wave. (I'm not built for that) So I wasn't complaining. I'm still enjoying Edinburgh. Haven't been to The Fringe yet, except seen some street performances. But we still have time. It's almost too much to choose from. Thanks for the tips! Was on Carlton Hill today and took more CH pics, I'll look for Jackson's Close tomorrow. :D

Return to “Case Histories”