A blast from the past . . .

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

A blast from the past . . .

Post by Helen8 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:00 pm

This MSN Feature Articles listing of the best tv shows that were canceled after one season, included Awake. Alas. :roll:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/this- ... p#image=18

You can actually scroll backward and forward (click the arrows at the middle-sides of the pictures) to see other shows, like Firefly, that didn't make it past season 1.

Anniemouse

Re: A blast from the past . . .

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Weirdly I always thought The Prisioner had two seasons not one. Still never seen Freaks and Geeks .

The one that come to mind in the UK is Garth Marenghi's Darkplace 2004 ‧ Sitcom ‧ 1 season. Matt Berry was in it and I loved it.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:44 pm

Weirdly I always thought The Prisoner had two seasons not one.

Maybe that's how it was shown in the UK. Here, it was a summer replacement series.

Like everyone else, it blew me away. Patrick McGoohan was already on my Must Follow list from watching Secret Agent (Danger Man in the UK), which was shown in the US in the mid 60s.

servalan

Post by servalan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:22 am

It's worth a visit to Portmeirion, where The Prisoner was filmed. It's an Italian village built on the coast of North Wales - quirky and very pretty.

https://portmeirion.wales/

Return to “Awake”