Interviews

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Interviews

Post by Chari910 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 pm

I post a separate thread because this one is NOT to be missed. Very long and revealing and he was very funny!

http://www.scifivision.com/index.php?op ... interviews

Interviewed by @scifivision and others

belladisordine

Re: Interviews

Post by belladisordine » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 am

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to read it later as it won't zoom in on my phone without getting blurry *shakes fist*

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:40 am

That's a long (and nice) interview!!!

~me

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 am

thanx Char :hug

one of the best interviews of Jason, (so far) that I've read...and if you dont understand the concept of Awake after reading
this article, you are brain dead!! (said with tongue in cheek-no offense to brain dead folks-I think they are called Zombies
and belong in the Walking Dead)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Maybe NBC should have a link to this interview at the end of the episode just for the head-scratchers who need clarification.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks, Char :D

Here's another interview. I didn't know if to continue the old thread or post it here:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/popc ... 88803.html

:oops:

Nothing new, really, if you read the interview that Char posted. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Maybe someone can answer this since I can't quite get it and I'm NOT brain dead or a zombie; maybe I'm just over thinking it...I've only watched the pilot like 4 or 5 times, and have caught probably all I'm going to catch, but this stumps me: so Michael goes to "sleep" ok, then he seems to stay asleep, or rests, or stays in bed until morning (a feat which I personally cannot accomplish unless I am asleep), and immediatly goes into this other reality. Ok I'm there, my question is why isn't the other reality taking place during the nighttime (dark) hours/nightshoot? Everything on camera is during the day. I'm sure this is budgetary, and the fact that Jason et al actually NEED to go home to sleep and wash, see their families etc. Did ANYone follow my logic, or is it flawed beyond repair? Andf yes, it was a GREAT interview! I just read one from a newspaper from Canada I think, where they used his quote that he's off in the corner sucking his thumb very confused, glad there are smarter people to help him out. I know he was being funny, but it was THEIR take that if HE is SO confused, the show should be pulled...ya just can't win. I totally GET it, it's just the light and dark that's making me wonder...ln

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm

One or both of these "realities" only exist in his head. So he naturally imagines a "normal" day - he would not imagine a reality at night since that would not feel normal to him. At least that is my simplified take on it.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:50 pm

As I understand it, he stays in the same reality as long as he doesn't go to sleep. Even if it wasn't night time in the pilot, doesn't mean that there never will be. (But I may be wrong, we've only seen one episode so far)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Well yes I agree if the day in his mind stretches to the evening and he has not fallen asleep and switched realities then I would say he could experience nightime events. However to imigine one reality completely at night and the other completely in the day would not "feel" normal - even in his abnormal world.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Well, since he dreams that he wakes up, it's logical that it will start with the morning.

Found this interview, not sure it's 100 % new, I think I've read som of it before.
http://www.craveonline.com/tv/interview ... on-qawakeq

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

I just finished the excellent scifivision interview that Char posted. :D

Still pacing myself. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped me sort out my day/night issues! ln

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Short interview (press conference?) with Jason Isaacs and Laura Allen :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9Goj6QV2I

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks for finding all these youtube interviews for us!

~me

Return to “Awake”