Episode 4: Kate Is Enough

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Angel Tavington

Re: Episode 4: Kate Is Enough

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm not sure how much the psychiatrists are helping...
I hope they don't drive him to insanity. Imagine having two shrinks!!!!!! Poor Michael...

~me

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:23 am

Heheh... I think Britten should go investigate the shrinks in the other worlds, and bring them down a peg to keep them in line and fill *them* with self-doubt (if, of course, they are not shrinks in the alternate worlds). Mwhahahahaa! :brows (yes, petty...but poor Michael...)

inamac- Really? You thought that Michael's (BH) Providence accent was difficult to understand? Hmm...Interesting... I am suprised that the NY/NJ accent seems easier to understand. I wonder if that is because so many of the US cop shows that are exported generally have NY/NJ accents, so we may have "trained" y'all to understand it better than other accents from elsewhere in the US.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Did anyone hear the mini-con between Michael and Vega? I had to laugh.
Ater meeting Kate, and questioning her (at the boat), Michael and Vega leave,
Vega: Aren't you going to introduce me?
Michael: Absolutely not!

~ML :lol :loco :brows :cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 pm

I read in 1 or more interviews that Michael is a transplant from NJ to LA about 20 yrs ago, and if you listen REALLY carefully (no, I have NO idea how Jason does this, he's just that good, but we ALL know that), you can hear an ever so slight NY/NJ accent underneath a midwest/LA accent. It's VERY subtle, but it's there occasionally. Now, PLEASE someone let me in on the ukelele joke. I didn't see it, I never heard about it and I'm going to re-watch it, again to see if I can see the darned thing, but I don't know what it means. SOS someone! Also, to anyone who actually watches their tv- does the show seem il-lit to you? On all 3 of my tvs and on my computer, the scenes seem very dark, but if I mess with the picture color for Awake, then everything else gets messed up. Anyone else having this problem? ln

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 am

It's here, ln: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltlR4BaZYf4

*and HUZZAH to Mr. Hilary--the message board's still here!!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Ah ha, got it... have searched all over, listened to all sorts of interviews, and even Simon/Kermode podcasts (obviously not regularly), and never caught this one. Thank you ever so much! So, I DID re watch it again (4th time now) and also 4 times I heard about not playing the ukelele in heaven and just thought it was a good line, but never connected it. Now I can connect it plus anytime "teapots" will be used (and some of us DO actually know how to make tea not from a bag thank you very much! it's not exactly rocket science). Thanks for the info, Hilary! ln

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Jason talked about the "Hello..."

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/12/hello ... on-isaacs/
Earlier this year, Kermode and Mayo teasingly suggested Isaacs prove his devotion to their radio show by having his character in Awake say the word “ukulele” onscreen. For Isaacs, who is also a producer on the NBC show, it was a case of “Challenge accepted!” — and swiftly achieved. Which is why, on March 22, Awake viewers heard Isaacs’ Detective Britten utter the line “He’s not going to be playing the ukulele in heaven,” while examining a corpse whose fingers had been badly mangled. “When I did that I got a note from the editing room going, ‘What the f— are you talking about?’” says the actor. “I said, ‘You have to keep the line in. If I can ever wield my big stick as a producer, I’m telling you I want the ukulele line left in!’”
:D :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:03 pm

:lol Didn't know producers carry a big stick. Sounds more like turn-of-the-last century American policy.

Return to “Awake”