Episode 8: Night Swimming

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Angel Tavington

Re: Episode 8: Night Swimming

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:18 am

Not my favorite episode, the end was silly. Nice sreen caps by the way, you gotta love his smile!

~me

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:19 am

I'm with LadySekhmet on this--he was protecting Hannah. But you know what, I'd forgotten about his ID--why would it be at the top of the diving platform?? Did Michael and Hannah disrobe up there, or climb up naked? :scratch

(and skinny-dipping on a first not-even-date?? that's a bit fast, to coin a phrase. tho if I looked like Laura Allen, maybe I'd be less averse)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:50 am

Yeah, I reckon in the heat of the moment they stripped at the top of the platform, not thinking in advance that they'd have to climb up again to retrieve their clothes.

It reminds me of a scene from The Swashbuckler when Genevieve Bujold dives off the pirate ship nude. Robert Shaw rows out to get her, with her clothes, commenting (and this is not the exact line, but . . .) "You can get off a ship easy enough without your clothes, but it's not so easy to get back on." :brows

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 pm

At the end of the episode, they show the clothes strewn on the diving board (including her dress), as they panned up to the couple. Then they jumped off. I suspect they didn't realize that there were water sensors in the pool in order to keep people from taking an evening dip (just like they did). And, of course, he'd keep his id in his pocket-unless he has some kangaroo type evolution happening. :D

Umm... No comment on the skinny dipping/first date thing (*cough*)...but if Michael Britten asked me to take a dip on an not-even-first-date, I suspect I'd give it a thorough thinking.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:52 pm

I love the scenes with Laura Allen. She is so awesome as his wife. :hug

~ML :oops: :loco :brows :cool:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:47 pm

He would point her out because he is a cop and he knows if his wife made a sudden noise or movement she might get shot. He would have at least said my wife is over there please let me bring over her dress to her.

Anyway that is my take on the scene. He could not point her out because she is not there.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:17 pm

But then...if she's not there, then techinically neither is he, because it would the dream (and he'd be in bed sleeping and dreaming, not out running around by himself- unless we add sleepwalker to his list of talents), so he'd be able to do anything/manipulate it any way he wants. And he wouldn't have the dream without her because that is the whole purpose of that (possible) dream world. Plus, we don't know what would've happened post- ID chucking, because they don't show it.

But that is just my thoughts...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:25 am

ooooh you guys---I'm so confused now

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:ooooh you guys---I'm so confused now
Here.. let me help.. Jason was naked.. Enough said..

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Fun fact: “I thought it would be very, very funny to show my butt going up and down the stairs there, and somebody somewhere thought it would break Standards & Practices,” Isaacs says. “Also, there was a lady at the campus swimming pool there, god bless her, who came up and said right at the end of the night, ‘Are you naked?’ I said, ‘Well, not naked, I’ve got a small piece of material taped over my genitals,’ and she went, ‘That’s naked!’ I said, ‘It’s completely different.’ She said, ‘I can see your butt crack.’ So I taped a piece of material over my butt crack, too, and we had the last shot to do, where I ran up the stairs. It fell off, because it was just held on by a piece of Scotch tape, and she was FURIOUS. I thought they were going to have to withdrawal the footage. I’m glad that some of it ended up in the episode.”
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/24/awake ... qus_thread

Jason gave the most hilarious interviews :mrgreen:

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Fri May 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Chari910 wrote:
Fun fact: “I thought it would be very, very funny to show my butt going up and down the stairs there, and somebody somewhere thought it would break Standards & Practices,” Isaacs says. “Also, there was a lady at the campus swimming pool there, god bless her, who came up and said right at the end of the night, ‘Are you naked?’ I said, ‘Well, not naked, I’ve got a small piece of material taped over my genitals,’ and she went, ‘That’s naked!’ I said, ‘It’s completely different.’ She said, ‘I can see your butt crack.’ So I taped a piece of material over my butt crack, too, and we had the last shot to do, where I ran up the stairs. It fell off, because it was just held on by a piece of Scotch tape, and she was FURIOUS. I thought they were going to have to withdrawal the footage. I’m glad that some of it ended up in the episode.”
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/24/awake ... qus_thread

Jason gave the most hilarious interviews :mrgreen:
Oh Jason.. you silly man.. always trying to take off your clothes.. :brows

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 am

Oh God LOL naughty boy ::rofl

~me

Return to “Awake”