Episode 1-11: Say Hello to My Little Friend

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

wolfsaver

Re: Episode 1-11: Say Hello to My Little Friend

Post by wolfsaver » Fri May 11, 2012 10:53 am

I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen. Great episode!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:20 am

This was a really good episode. Jason shone! I can not wait for the last 2 eps. of the season. (See? I'm being positive!)

But . . . as I said on previous eps., they overdid replaying the accident. We get it. It was a horrible accident. And, yes, he keeps running it through his head trying to remember it. But enough already! :gah:

I'm also off "Bohemian Rhapsody" for a while.

Did anyone catch that after they pulled Jason out of the car, the Little Man shook his head . . . implying that no one else made it? Very interesting!

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't mind the flashbacks because they aren't all identical. They give us a little more each time. Plus I kept trying to see in the scenes if I noticed anything else.

Also ... I took the little man shaking his head as him saying no ... Britten isn't dead or that "he" didn't succeed in killing everyone.

~Beth, Michigan

Helen8 wrote:This was a really good episode. Jason shone! I can not wait for the last 2 eps. of the season. (See? I'm being positive!)

But . . . as I said on previous eps., they overdid replaying the accident. We get it. It was a horrible accident. And, yes, he keeps running it through his head trying to remember it. But enough already! :gah:

I'm also off "Bohemian Rhapsody" for a while.

Did anyone catch that after they pulled Jason out of the car, the Little Man shook his head . . . implying that no one else made it? Very interesting!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 12, 2012 12:04 am

I took it to mean that Rex didn't make it, because he was remembering it in the Red World, not that neither of them made it OR that he was nodding to someone else as if to tell someone on the sidelines that Britten *wasn't* dead. Unless we go back to the 2nd episode where Harper tells the guy with the huge nose that he didn't have to kill all of Britten's family, which would then imply that both passengers were dead, and that Britten had not died (perhaps as planned). Ugh. My head hurts just thinking about all of the possibilities. :gah:

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat May 12, 2012 2:52 am

I also thought it meant that Rex didn"t make it; I thought he was looking in the back seat. :?:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue May 15, 2012 10:28 am

Man, I was sobbing by the end of this episode. Jason really knows how to tug on my heartstrings. :bawl

Loved the scene where Rex and Hanna are singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Poor Michael. :hug
Something tells me Michael's boss, Harper, is more than just involved with that other guy. *morethanjusttheaccident* :shh

~ML *evilpeopletriedtokillhim* :rave :tchuh:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue May 15, 2012 11:33 am

I think all of the people that he knew that appeared in the carnival scenes was a giveaway that the Rex "reality" was the dream.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed May 16, 2012 3:25 pm

But Marie, if you go back and look, you can see that Michael was at the carnival in support of some special event thingie--there were signs that said something like, Kops 'n Klowns, as if it were a charity deal.
I also took the head-shaking (5'8" ain't little!! :mad: ) to be, "mission unaccomplished"--as if he hadn't taken out the principal target, Michael. But every other supposition seems equally valid . . .

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed May 16, 2012 4:21 pm

The special event thingie I completely missed. Must have ran to the kitchen to stuff my face! I normally ask Ken to pause the DVR but now that he wears those stupid headphones he can't hear a word I say (yea - I know - he likes it better that way!)

Thanks for pointing it out! (I hate clowns - or even Klowns.....)

Return to “Awake”