Cancelled

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Cancelled

Post by thunder » Fri May 11, 2012 3:41 pm

I hoped it was just a rumor:

:-(

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/nbc-ca ... es-on.html
After the steady stream of new series pickups and renewals over the past five days, NBC cleaned house, canceling the bubble series that had not been renewed yet and passing on the pilots that had not been picked up to series yet. The series getting axed officially include comedies Are You There, Chelsea, BFF and Bent as well as drama Awake, which showed some spunk with a ratings increase last night. It proved to be a case of too little too late.
And this says the same thing:

http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_k ... ows/315607

Not surprised, but anyway.... :razzlite

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Cancelled

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:50 pm

:bawl

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Jason will survive! We'll just miss seeing him on a weekly basis. He has made a monumental impression on American TV. THere will be so many offers for him.

OR Michael Britten can just move to join SVU and heat it up with Mariska Hargitay.

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Fri May 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Awe.. that sucks.. Welp.. Back to not watching NBC anymore.. Tried to give them a chance and they blew it..

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Is there any chance another network will pick it up? I think there is some precedent.

In any case, I agree with Char. Jason will survive!

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Fri May 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Oh noooooooo..... :rave

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeah, there are precedents for channel-shifting . . . but I guess I don't have much faith in that. :-(

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri May 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Okay that just sucks. I'm with the one who said, believe it was KissInABox, that back to not watching NBC. I only watched NBC for Awake. They haven't had anything to interest me in years.

There is a slim chance of hope though that sometimes the networks change their mind depending on what comes their way. Sometimes there is a mid-season pick up again for the next year. Given how busy Jason usually is though, it would be really hard to get him back if he's working on other projects.

Maybe we can get him to tell us which reality was supposed to be the true one once he officially says the show is canceled. He said before in an interview that he knew, but he wasn't saying. I'd really be curious which one was "real".

~Beth, a very disappointed JI fan in Michigan

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 12, 2012 12:01 am

Well, there you go, NBC. Thanks for nothing. Really... the absolute nothing that you now have on your broadcast. Idiots. :pc :shh :evil:

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat May 12, 2012 3:01 am

I'm not worried about JI either... He'll be swimming in offers.

...And now, he will have time to do Case Histories again

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Sat May 12, 2012 3:23 am

I'm not worried about him either. He knows he'll be fine and he knows we'll be right behind him whatever he goes onto next.
It was a fantastic show and it deserved a network that wasn't driven by an antiquated system of Nielsen boxes and faulty ratings. I look forward to seeing JI in films again, even if its not on a weekly basis. Thanks Jason! It was one hell of a ride! Now get your ass back on Twitter.

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sat May 12, 2012 5:27 am

They've just shown the second episode over here. I'll admit, I had some reservations after the pilot, but last night's ep blew all of them away. I thought it was fantastic.

And now it's cancelled. :tchuh:

I don't know enough about how US TV works anymore - was it wrong for this to be on NBC to start with?

I can understand audiences being hesitant about this initially, but after the second episode, boy is it compelling. It seems viewers are out there somewhere - NBC clearly has little backbone. Why commission it in the first place?

But I have to say that the path it has taken has not surprised me from the first moment I heard about the premise. I was quite surprised it was picked up by them to start with. I think they had cold feet from the start and simply didn't trust their own instincts.

More fools them.

Jason will be fine - of course he will. He can always come back and make lots and lots more Case Histories. ;-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 am

Yay! I'm glad you liked it. :woot

I think that we all have the very vague, faint hope that one of the other channels, like USA or CW or ??, might pick it up and run with it. It's happened before (although not with shows I like) - very, very rarely- but there is precedent. Perhaps if the reception is good enough on your side of the Pond, some American network official will get their head of their...errr... giant cloud and pick it up elsewhere-or at least in *my* reality that could happen- lol!. The thing that also baffles me - aside from my already GIANT working list of bafflements- is that if it is bought by a UK tv channel, and it is doing well over there (is it?, she asks fearfully), then shouldn't that send a signal to the incredibly tiny hamster brains at NBC that they should give it one more season and maybe move it to a different timeslot? *Helllloooo, NBC <snaps fingers at them>, wake up!*

Sigh. GRRRRRRR.... :evil:

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:31 am

Multiple Google Alerts stating the series has been canceled. Lots of folks on Twitter giving condolences to the cast and crew. This sucks, but yes, Mr Jason will now be swimming in offers! I try to console myself, saying could they make 22 quality episodes?

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 am

So many google alerts and most saying how wonderful this series is....Jason will indeed survive and I agree about NBC. They are off my list. I never watched it that much before and now...NEVER will again!!!

They have not only lost viewers but the "BEST ACTOR" in any series....

Return to “Awake”