Episode 1-13: Turtles All the Way Down

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

catloveyes

Re: Episode 1-13: Turtles All the Way Down

Post by catloveyes » Fri May 25, 2012 8:51 am

This has been an incredible ride with an incredible Jason. He is TOO GOOD FOR TELEVISION!! Your sister, Kim is so right. The last minutes of the show had me in tears.

Last night was amazing and I am going to watch it again....we do need to aid in pushing Jason for an Emmy nomination.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 am

Whew! Watching Britten go through all that was emotionally exhausting, (but in a good way).

The last scene was heartbreaking and just left me wanting more.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:33 am

Marie, it's still up. I'll repost Lady Sekhmet's link.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/viewer/episode/? ... 4190030010

Well, in the last scene, when his wife walks in on the conversation Michael and Rex are having about driving him to school, my first thought was "It's BobbyFrickin' Ewing"!!!! Come on!!! But DH pointed out that someone said to Michael, "Are you going to create a third reality?" Then, I wasn't so angry. At least not angry at what I originally thought was a disappointing ending, but angry that we won't see what happens in this new reality.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri May 25, 2012 11:35 am

I can't seem to see it - it just says error on page for me. Might be my company's firewalls.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri May 25, 2012 12:21 pm

It would have been marvelous *if* they had filmed that first show of the 2nd season (in order to show NBC), because then they could have put it in as an extra for the DVD. (See, I'm always thinking. *taps on empty noggin*) Alas, it was probably just a story board or script. Did he say? I hopped away from the chat when the show ended, because it was just like salt in the wound at that point!

Hmmm...I think that there is supposed to be an interview between the mod and Killen today...Maybe he'll tell us more! :^)

This isn't the interview. The Mod just brought some of the highlights of the chat together - she quotes some of Killen's chat quotes. (So if you don't want to sift through all of the other chatty stuff, this link is for you!)
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/25/awake-finale-recap/

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri May 25, 2012 12:39 pm

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri May 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Haha! I was just reading that article and wandered over to post it. I don't think it is the interview the mod was talking about last night. I have a feeling the chat mod was a woman, and this interviewer is a man (a man -apparently- who needs to bring his high heels to the shoe maker), plus it looks like it's dated Thursday night at 11pm-BUT this was a really good interview. I suspect this would have been better as a cable show. I like that apparently we (Awake watchers) are "rabid hardcore fans." lol. I think it was pretty brave of Killen to admit that "the rote 2 procedural cases" route was less satisfying for them, because I know my attention drifted on some of those shows (well, not away from "someone," but from the others). I sometimes felt, in those particular epidsodes, that they (the actors) weren't as actively committed (not that they were phoning in their roles), but it seemed that there was a difference in how they explored their characters in some manner. Perhaps that is what people who were not as committed reacted to and why they drifted away?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:28 pm

On the last day of the shoot, we sent a basket of Edible (Fruits) Arrangement to Jason and crew on set in The Lost Girls name. His assistant at the time, Amy, snapped this photo on Jason's iPhone. He sent it to us a while ago but told us that the 'orange' was kind of a secret so we couldn't post it until now.

Amy reported that the crew loved it.
Jason looked pretty happy too, don't you think?

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri May 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Awww ... that was an awesome picture. I'm glad that you were able to post it now.

Great idea too. You are always so thoughtful. Is there any Paypal address I can send some money to you at to help take care of the costs of that and anything else you guys come up with later for him? I'm willing to support in any way that I can.

~Beth, MIchigan

Chari910 wrote:On the last day of the shoot, we sent a basket of Edible (Fruits) Arrangement to Jason and crew on set in The Lost Girls name. His assistant at the time, Amy, snapped this photo on Jason's iPhone. He sent it to us a while ago but told us that the 'orange' was kind of a secret so we couldn't post it until now.

Amy reported that the crew loved it.
Jason looked pretty happy too, don't you think?

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:44 am

:cherub WOW! That is so thoughtful of you Char. ;-)

That outfit is incredibly orange! :shock:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 am

How sweet!!!!!! Lovely pic, thanks for sharing it with us :hug
Jason has awesome fans =)

~me

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 am

Wow - that's great, Char! :hug I hope that they all got a kick out of the basket and balloons.

haha! That fruit basket is the only thing the orange jumpsuit could ever color coordinate with, well, except maybe for a pumpkin. :D

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat May 26, 2012 10:01 am

What a wonderful idea! Thank you, Char, for doing it for us. As Beth said, I would be glad to contribute since it represented all of us. :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Here's the article that was tied to the chat with Mandi. It is essentially the same as the one Thunder posted.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/26/awake ... questions/

Oh, and, yes, definitely Char - if you'd like any help for it... :D

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 am

Awwww, that was sweet Char, Thank you. :hug
Sad to see it end, but what a happy ending.
Loved the scene where he's walking out, in the orange suit (pictured him in blue scrubs. Hmmmmm.), and the two shrinks are arguing behind him. He finally says SHUT UP!, and turns around to find them both gone. :lol
And when Vega shows up in the penguin costume, sans head, to show him Harper's involvement. Michael takes one look at him as if to say, "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING? (iNo esso es mi penguino!)
~ML :adore :loco :brows :cool:

Return to “Awake”