DVD

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

DVD

Post by Chari910 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 pm

http://www.getcovers.net/2012/04/awake- ... r1-custom/

It said R1, showing pictures of cover and the 5 discs.

Not sure how legit this site is??

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Re: DVD

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:03 am

I saw this and can't decide if it's real, or not :finger: LOL :dunce

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:05 am

Well it says custom so I have to think they burned it themselves. Unless what they are really offering is cover artwork for anyone who has burned the DVD themselves. Not really sure what they are "offering" here if anything?

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

I suspect what they are offering is a pirated edition of the show. It could be a scam job that Michael Caffee would be proud of (well, perhaps that is what he is doing in NM after all!). All they would have to do is buy the season off of iTunes and then rip them to a set of DVDs, and make a spiffy cover, but that could simply be my overly suspicious southern Italian heritage. I could be wildly wrong. It could be totally on the up and up (yeah, right...and dinosaurs really did build the pyramids). It's ...errmm... "custom" - err... yeah... that's the ticket... custom...
Last edited by LadySekhmet on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 am

Can't see where this would be legit. I also can't believe NBC or FOX won't quash it.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 am

I'd be safe and wait for Amazon, B&N, et al. :uhoh

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:31 am

I don't want to take the risk. Too early for me. I'll wait for a legit advert from NBC themselves.

~ML :scratch :uhoh :finger:

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeeeeaaahh.. Custom.. pretty sure I've seen these "Custom" jobs on Ebay coming out of China or Japan.. you'd be lucky if it showed up and wasn't a bunch of mashed together clips from random Jason Isaacs movies.. not that it would be horrible, but you can get something like that on youtubes for free...

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 pm

I don't think it's real...

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Hm, I will wait and see.

~ me

inamac

Post by inamac » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:55 am

I just checked Amazon UK for the DVD of Awake (in the hope that I might get myself a Christmas present). It's listed, but with no release date for R2. Does anyone know whether there's a R1 release?

I have asked them to let me know when it's available - just in case.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 am

I haven't seen anything yet for a DVD set on US Amazon on my occasional look, but they do have it as an instant video. I would have thought that they would have put it out by now if they were going to do it. BBC America's Copper DVD set was out a week after Season 1 ended (in fact, they were advertising it two weeks *before* the show even had its season finale). I have a bad feeling about an Awake DVD set, which, hopefully, will be proved wrong. Meanwhile... iTunes or Amazon Instant Video seem to be the best bet.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Somehow my download of the series from itunes got f*%ed up and I'm a wee bit ticked off (to say the least), so I went to Amazon.com, where they still have it for instant video (but truthfully, I don't know what that means). I then went to Amazon.uk, and they're offering 'series 1' (as opposed to any OTHER series) on DVD, 'when it becomes available'-'do I want to be notified by email?' You BET YOUR BUTT I DO! I have no idea if that'll ever happen for real, but maybe if enough people pre-order it, they'll make it(??) LN

revenante

Post by revenante » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:58 am

Hmm, I'm dubious, having been caught out by one of these sites before. I bought what claimed to be a box set of Farscape and when it turned up there was no box, just a collection of scrappy DVDs that seemed to have been copied off a Chinese broadcast of the show and were appalling quality. I waitied until I could afford the official stuff and I think that''s probably best here (for those of us who don't do the streaming thing). UK Amazon, as has been mentioned, has an entry for it but no release date. Finally, thank you to everyone who came up with useful suggestions for me. At least I'm not the only one who is missing out. Don't mention penguins. :hit

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:15 pm

The items for sale on this site look as real as Serena Williams' chances of winning Wimbledon this year.

Return to “Awake”