Vote for Jason Isaacs, best tv actor

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

SeattleMel

Re: Vote for Jason Isaacs, best tv actor

Post by SeattleMel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 am

*sniffles* I kinda fell in love with fictional character Michael Britten. *wibble*

Awake's overall plot and writing ranged from weak to solid but seemed to be getting better as time went on. Still, the tragedy of Britten -- Jason's portrayal of a man with white-knuckled control of himself in defiance of growing madness -- is what sold the show. I would have tuned in to watch Britten illustrate how to pour a concrete foundation. And that only has a little bit to do with Jason looking smoking hot in those suits.

Seriously, I would like to tip the head of wardrobe for their contibution to the show.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Me too ... Especially the costume at the top of the diving board.... ;-)

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:10 pm

SeattleMel wrote: And that only has a little bit to do with Jason looking smoking hot in those suits.

Seriously, I would like to tip the head of wardrobe for their contibution to the show.
There's nothing quite like a man with tie still on (although slackened a little, perhaps) and shirt sleeves rolled up.

Frightfully distingué. Just like one or two other characters who spring to mind ... ;-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Yes, a good suit always does make a man look...more... something- I don't know the word - I can only inwardly feel the positive, warm-fuzzy feeling. *she sighs, while looking pleased*. Most definitely, ll. :cool:

And I'm glad we weren't just the only ones who noticed Awake. My hard-to-please parents (who are both involved in the pyschiatric medical world and are exceptionally critical/vocal about how wrong medical things are portrayed) praised it. So he "done good" if he pleased them. Many Congratulations to Jason et al. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 pm

I think there may be several adj. you're searching for but first off, it really MUST be a well made/tailored suit and a GOOD shirt and tie to produce that 'warm and fuzzy feeling' (ie not from Kohls or Sears, I do NOT know the equivlent in the UK for shlock shmattes, and I don't know the English either apparently, RAGS, crap clothing). It I think is a mixture of pride in his appearence and knowing how hard he's working (with those sleves rolled up and the tie un done a bit-jacket thrown nonchalontly over the upholstered chair...), this is a guy highly regarded by his peers, the people higher than himself, and the peons below him-THATS really important to your perception and acceptance of the guy in that suit. Somehow you know how good he smells in that suit, because he has such great taste in clothing, his cologne smells great, and the shoes are shined to perfection, you guess he works out a few times/week. There are a gazillion things that go into making a great suit looking 'great' enough to give a woman the warm and fuzzies....think I may have to watch an episode or 2 of Awake tonite, find some guy in a suit...e

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 pm

If ONLY NBC would put i tou ton DVD! :bang :rave

~ML :loco

Return to “Awake”