Awake on Norwegian TV

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Awake on Norwegian TV

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 am

:roll: Just found out TV2 in Norway has almost concluded the series. And if you think NBC's time slot was bad.... What do you think of Tuesday 1.35 AM? :shh :evil:

LadySekhmet

Re: Awake on Norwegian TV

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Umm... wow.
:gah:
I'm sorry, thunder...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah. That's a pretty stinky time.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 am

They are on ep 10 already... I haven't seen any promo for it, but I think the scedule explains that. At least I can record the final 4 episodes, and get to see them in better quality than I have upto now.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:10 am

Their scheduling of it at that time makes me wonder how much they paid for the right to broadcast it.
Thunder, is it typical of Norwegian tv to show "foreign" programming that late at night? Is it a commercial channel?

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 pm

No, they show foreign series at normal times as well. I think at least 50 % of the series shown on Norwegian TV are American or British. But when they by foreign series, they buy it in "packages". So Awake has probably been a part of a package that they didn't buy for Awake, but for something else. So they just use Awake to fill up the empty spots, since they've already got it. I saw that they used to send it at 11.30 when they started sending it... But that's hardly any better on week nights. And they haven't had any previews or anything...

:razzlite

Return to “Awake”