Nominated for the PRISM AWARDS

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Nominated for the PRISM AWARDS

Post by Chari910 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:03 pm

The Entertainment Industries Council (EIC) has announced all of the 17th Annual PRISM Awards Nominees.

Drama Episodes nominated were from Army Wives (Lifetime), Awake (NBC), Chicago Fire (NBC), CSI: New York (CBS), The Good Wife (CBS), Grey’s Anatomy (ABC), The Mob Doctor (Fox), Necessary Roughness (USA), Parenthood (NBC), and Southland (TNT). Michael Cudlitz (Southland), Wendy Davis (Army Wives), Jason Isaacs (Awake), Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy), and Callie Thorne (Necessary Roughness) were nominated for Performance in a Drama Episode.

Winners will be announced during a ceremony on April 25, 2013 at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The 17th Annual PRISM Awards Showcase is set to be nationally televised on September 14, 2013 through flagship airing partner FX Network, as well as other cable networks, broadcast stations, video on demand, and online.

AWAKE was nom for the "That's not My Penquin' Episode, my favorite!

Read more: http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2013/02 ... z2MEYft9KD

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Nominated for the PRISM AWARDS

Post by thunder » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Better late than never...

Well deserved!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:15 pm

nice! :yip

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Critics, viewers (well, some of us), and now the Entertainment Industries Council love the show. Too bad a certain network wasn't on the bandwagon. :roll:

Congratulations, Awake and Jason!!!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Heh. Well, a certain network seems to be having some problems lately, so perhaps it's best that Someone was unhooked from a certain network. A week or two (?) ago, it came in 5th behind Univision for its standings and today several folks were...relieved of their positions.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 am

So. The glass is half full?

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:06 am

Mmm...perhaps? But then they do say that revenge is best served cold. (And although it's not strictly revenge, it's early, I've had no coffeee yet, and I can't remember any of my words for the one that I really do want...). But I do hope that Himself is feeling some satisfaction about this nomination, while it may not be as fancy as an Emmy, it does seem to be slightly "socially weightier."

I also read somewhere that the Neilsen (spelling?) folks were changing up how they were going to look at ratings. I think that they were going to start looking at dvr numbers or on-line viewing (maybe it was the dvr numbers-it was a couple of weeks ago now that I read it). I can't remember specifically at this point, but I do remember thinking, 'Of course. Now they do it'. Again, too late for Awake, but perhaps this is good news for future shows.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 am

Love that episode also. Very nice news. I'm sure the members of the cast & crew are happy!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Yep! That was an x-l-nt episode (they all were). Love how the little penguin looked at him when he was searching for the ring that was evidence.
CONGRATS to the cast of AWAKE! :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hands :adore
~ML :hands

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 am

*Reads thread about Awake nom*

*starts to sniffle and tear up*

. . . Michael Britten . . .

:bawl :bawl :bawl :bawl

Yeah, I am gonna be like this about that show for awhile.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 am

Fantastic!!! :hands I hope AWAKE wins. One of the best shows on TV and the idiots :tchuh: at NBC have no clue what exciting programming is...one that keeps you glued to the tv and not your typical boring same old same old.... The story line could have gone in lots of different directions....and it made you think and wonder and explore lots of possibilities. I could go on and on....

GO AWAKE AND JASON! Let's show NBC how :loco they are!

~cadie

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm SO glad to see Awake nominated for this award (potentially winning another "from the grave', so "THAT's comedy", eh?). A bit more than funny, I think it made TV execs take another look at how to score TV ratings, so THATS AMAZING and astounding. Never thought it would happen, and I'm delighted it was because of Awake that it HAS happened much kudos to everyone connected to the show. Penguin was one of my favorites too, although, there were so many great episodes...(out of 13!). I wish some station would pick those episodes up and put the reruns on; hate sitting at the computer to watch itunes...loads of luck on this award to Jason & Co. ellen :hands

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 pm

How interesting that it is being nominated after it was canceled. I think it is great that the show, and Jason specifically, were nominated for the awards. I do hope that they win too. It just goes to show that no matter if the show is still "alive" or not, it was that good of a show to warrant nominations.

~Beth (Michigan)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:57 am

I think the Prism Awards are supposed to be announced on April 14, so thats THIS week (Sunday). We should keep a close eye out and be ready to do happy jigs, or think happy thoughts, or something positive. I believe the awards won't be awarded until September (which seems sort of dumb to me, but what do I know?). I'm with Beth, Quick~ where is that bag of fairy dust and my happy thoughts? ln

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 pm

oops, my mistook. The awards are to be awarded 4/25...mybad-sorry! LN :oops:

Return to “Awake”