Watched it today (Spoilers) + Screen caps

In which Jason Isaacs plays a very ungodly man of God.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: Watched it today (Spoilers) + Screen caps

Post by ln419 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 pm

General wig information (as opposed to any specific Jason story lore): the other thing about many wigs is that they have velcro fitting straps sewn into them (and if they don't, it's very easy to put them in), so they can fit heads of many sizes. Synthetic wigs tend to fray and melt if used daily for a long time, but they're cheap(er), and human hair (depending on the region of the world the hair comes from, and if it's 'good' hair) can be really expensive (the longer, the more expensive), but the longer it will last, and easier to take care of. The kind that are FITTED, are upwards of $20K usually, so I'm guessing THOSE would be for bigger budget, they stay on REALLY well, almost like a swimming cap or something like that (but are really warm for the wearer).
whispers: (cuz I don't know how to change print colors): as for Charlie Beck's "paige boy"(?), he wears his hair the same way in RL, only his bangs aren't so long and he just kinda shoves them to the side, and HIS hair is much darker...I don't know, he has a really receding hairline, either work within those parameters, or maybe just get implants if it means that much; we'll still love ya! ~ellen

*sorry about the extra $0.02

muffyswallows

Post by muffyswallows » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:13 am

I didnt hate it but like the last minute I wouldnt have gone out of my way to watch it if Jason hadnt been in it :???:

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:47 am

Just watched this movie twice. First time viewing I thought, Meh, it's bang, bang, bang.

But watching it again, and knowing what to expect at the end, I got a much better experience. Was able to relate to the characters and relish some of the acting, especially JI (of course...) and Ed Harris. But also strangely Sarah and Miguel. Don't think she could have done more than what se did in the end, shoot everybody. And most of the time she had no one to talk too, she was alone. So, things kind of clicked.

Makes me think that a second viewing is rather useful for some movies. It also happened with Tennis, Anyone? although it is a bad, self indulgent movie, really. But, I got the message! RIA!!! :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:42 am

Ok watched it today and found it both an entertaining and confusing movie. Loved the set up of Jason as the unhinged preacher and Ed Harris doing his little dance made me giglle as did his comedy dance/fight dismissal of the exisiting Sheriff. The first half was really engaging and although slow was rather atmospheric.

The showdown however seemed rushed and rather a let down although we got the great speach from Jason.

As mentioned the wig seemed odd but not overtly offputting and the jury is still out in my case regarding January Jones. She was amazing in Mad Men but she seemed innert against the weirdly comic turn of Ed Harris and the smouldering and unsettling character created by Jason. The script needed to flesh out the back story of The Preacher (the events in Utah) and why the Sheriff seemed to have his eye on the Preacher to begin with. Plus they as mentioned needed to sharpen the ending which was the main problem for me.

Jason really can get you to beleive in a character can't he. One thing I have noticed in Skeletons, Death of Stalin and now this movie Jason seems to give characters liscence to humiliate other men by grabbing their "special area" so to speak :bag: . I am fascinated by this character choice. I am possibly over thinking this though.

I did enjoy it though. :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Just watched the special feature on the making of the movie and I think it is interesting that Jason seems to imply that the script had been re written and that the ending was supposed to have been his character getting trampled by sheep which the p[roduction couod not afford in the nd. I think that explains why the finale seemed rushed as they re write must have been late in the production. It makes more sense now knowing the financial restrictions.

Still an affecting piece of work.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Not sure I could watch this again now knowing who one of the Producers is. Ugh. I despise Steve Bannon.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:11 pm

When we mentioned that connection to JI, he evinced complete ignorance (well why would you know every producer associated with your movie), and then said, well, if it's any comfort, everyone involved with that end had lost their shirts.
So.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Just seen a copy on Ebay that has the title Sherif Jackson. Was that an original title?.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:23 pm

i think that was the French title. :scratch

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm

The film had a couple of title changes but I don’t remember that being one.

Return to “Sweetwater (Sweet Vengeance)”