Name change again?

In which Jason Isaacs plays a very ungodly man of God.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

Name change again?

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Sweetwater. Sweet Vengence. And...will the third name be the charm??

*drum roll* Sherif Jackson.

http://www.upcoming-movies.com/new/swee ... dncqODR3zI

And this is the hyperlink that is embedded into the highlighted Sweet Vengence title in the blurb.
http://www.upcoming-movies.com/movie/sweet-vengeance/

I have to admit. I'm *really* confused (mostly because there is absolutely no useful info attached to this blurb). Does this mean that something is happening? And happening here in the US? Or is this only the title that is being released in Franco-phone countries (as the poster info (and title) at the bottom seems to be in French)? *insert confused Scooby-Doo 'Huh?' noise here* :dunce

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Name change again?

Post by Marie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Well Sweet Vengence certainly is a pretty good description of the movie's activities.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:23 am

Looks like to me that Sherif Jackson is the French title of the movie. I like the poster, stupid title... The movie isn't even about that character.

Prophet Josiah would have been a lot better. :mrgreen:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:52 pm

hmmm, maybe they're changing the name because they like Ed Harris so much, and they feel like he's helped them so much both in THIS movie and the last one (which was their first) so they're just using HIS character? Makes about as much sense as anything else, b/c there is NO reason to call it 'Sheriff Jackson". They could call it "Prophet, Sheriff and Whore", or just leave it alone, although I think it was fruitbat who noted there was nothing sweet about any vengeance in this movie. Personally, I don't think you should go changing your movie titles too many times, very confusing to those of us who already have a copy, Trids are for Kicks! LN

Return to “Sweetwater (Sweet Vengeance)”