Green Lantern ~ Emerald Knights (Voice Over)

This forum is for audio books, voice overs, radio plays and voice acting.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

BethMI

Green Lantern ~ Emerald Knights (Voice Over)

Post by BethMI » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:54 pm

I know that this animated film was a year or two ago, but I just got the chance to watch it. It came as a free digital copy with my Green Lantern movie digital copy. I don't quite know how I missed that he did this, but I sat down to watch it over the weekend. It was really good actually. Nathan Fillion (a definite fan favorite) was the voice of Hal Jordan (our main Green Lantern) and Jason Isaacs was the voice of Sinestro. It is still during the time that Sinestro is one of the "good guys" too. There was plenty of screen time for Jason's character, and I could swear that I heard at least one other character have his voice too. I could be wrong though. I'd have to watch it again.

If you like DC or even just Green Lantern, you really should pick up this film to watch. It was quite enjoyable, and even though I didn't know much about the whole "GL verse", I was able to follow along quite well. It goes in to different flashback type scenes to tell about certain Green Lanterns and the lore that goes with it. Very fun to watch. Of course, if you are just a JI fan, you will still enjoy the many times that Jason's voice comes on screen.

~Beth (Michigan)

P.S. Might it be possible to have a Voice Over category added to the forum please? We have ones for Good, All Things HP, etc etc for some of the movies ... but if there was a Voice Over category, we could put all of his various projects in that realm in that section. Please consider it ladies, especially since it seems he's done several. Thank you.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Green Lantern ~ Emerald Knights (Voice Over)

Post by thunder » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 am

Thanks for posting a review, Beth. :hug We had a thread about it when it was coming out (http://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/view ... f=1&t=3840), but I don't think any of the regulars watched it at the time. I had forgotten about it. It's a good idea to have a Voice-over forum. Cars 2 got it's own forum, so I think maybe that's the way to go with other voice over projects as well... I believe the reason this didn't get a forum was because he didn't do much interviews for it and it wasn't that much buzz about this at the time it was coming out (not buzz including JI at least). And the movie didn't really appeal to most of us.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 am

{nods} I ended up finding tidbits about it by doing a forum search after I posted my bit.

I know that some movies (like Cars 2) have enough publicity to have their own forum, but a lot of them don't ... like this one it seems. That's why I thought a Voice Over ... or even a Voice Over & Audio Books section combined, might be a good thing to have for all topics then related to those.

Just a thought. Sometimes it is hard to find specific information, and the individual forum sections for certain things is really nice for organization of several topics on that same theme ... as you know. {Smiles}

~Beth (Michigan)
thunder wrote:Thanks for posting a review, Beth. :hug We had a thread about it when it was coming out (http://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/view ... f=1&t=3840), but I don't think any of the regulars watched it at the time. I had forgotten about it. It's a good idea to have a Voice-over forum. Cars 2 got it's own forum, so I think maybe that's the way to go with other voice over projects as well... I believe the reason this didn't get a forum was because he didn't do much interviews for it and it wasn't that much buzz about this at the time it was coming out (not buzz including JI at least). And the movie didn't really appeal to most of us.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Just read your suggestion about a voice work forum again now, as I moved it to the new voice work forum. I saw reason in the end, Beth. Thanks for planting the idea in my head. :D

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:08 pm

If I didn't say it before, I wanted to say thank you for that. I have it marked to go through all the nice posts in the Voice Work Forum because I know there are a bunch of audio books I didn't know about too. It is really nice to have them all here to find.

~Beth~ (Michigan, USA)

P.S. My 300th post! ROFL. I could have sworn I chattered a heck of a lot more than that. {giggles} I'm such a slacker. Need to step it up.

thunder wrote:Just read your suggestion about a voice work forum again now, as I moved it to the new voice work forum. I saw reason in the end, Beth. Thanks for planting the idea in my head. :D

Return to “Voice Work”