The Book- SPOILERS

A modern adaptation of Ira Levin's novel to a four hours NBC miniseries. Jason Isaacs plays Roman Castevet.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

The Book- SPOILERS

Post by Chari910 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Just finished reading this book (written in 1966)

Roman Castevet (Jason) was 79 yrs old (not 300+ yo like Jason said, LOL) and his wife Minnie (Margaux in the new version) is old, overweight lady-not the beauty like the actress Carole Bouquet who plays her.

Roman was the son of a well known devil-worshipper, Adrian Marcado, who claimed he had brought/conjured Satan himself back to earth. His real name was Stephen Marcado, an anagram for Roman Castevet. (This made me think of Tom Marvolo Riddle-anagram for Lord Voldemort)

I think it's going to be better than the original already :D The Castevets are totally eye-candy but they will be scary.
I just cringed reading about how they celebrated her pregnancy news with wine and when the Woodhouses had a party to announce it, they had to clean up a big pile of cigarette butts in ashtrays. :finger:

I just can't wait to see Jason as Roman. He will be charming but creepy :cool:

ln419

Re: The Book- SPOILERS

Post by ln419 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:33 am

JASON??? Our Jason - "charming but creepy?" oh Char, say it ain't so! Lol, he's the BEST at charming and creepy! (on screen, I mean, I haven't had the pleasure, but I've heard he's NOT that way in person...BUT ON SCREEN...charming and creepy, charming and creepy!) :lol ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks, Char. I also bought the book, but have just skimmed through it. :oops:
Since they've made a modern version, it may differ a lot from both the book and movie. The Castevets are definitely different (just looking at the pictures released so far). And Roman may be 300 years old if they have turned him into some kind of "ever young" warlock type of character. Anything is possible. I look forward to see what they have done, if I only dare to watch it.... :bag:

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:20 pm

I also finished "Son of Rosemary" which was the sequel. That would have made a very good TV/film as well.

Return to “Rosemary's Baby”