Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Arfff...

Haaaaaa!!!!! I don't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read this:

http://www.seriesdatv.pt/jason-isaacs-n ... -portugal/

HE... IS... COMING.... TO... (Blimey hell!) PORTUGAL'S .... arfff... COMIC... (pinching myself) CON!!!!!

Thud...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:04 pm

TN, you're in luck! Just calm down a little. :cool: You don't want to rush the poor man.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Awesome - he is really getting out all over the world to see his fans! He is the best!!!! You must go - the conventions are so fun.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Yay! Go and please report back to us. :D

(I'm still mad at myself for missing him in Toronto :mad: )

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:19 am

Hi everyone

About to book my tickets to Comic Con Portugal.

Jason will be appearing on the 10th and 11th December 2016.

From what I can see, he is so far the most famous guest of all. Hope they get more guest until then, otherwise everyone will be queuing for him (gulp!) and David Bradley.

Have the Lost Girls already decided on what we should be wearing in order to warn Jason of our presence?

I know for me it's too early, but, for the DragonCon isn't.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:38 am

I heard some fans from Spain are already planning to attend-so it maybe crowded :D Good for him!
Have you been to other Cons?
Queue for his panel really early, like 2 hrs before time so you get in the front row. Go with a buddy so you can take turns going to the bathroom, LOL.
Go for the photo-Ops first then the signing booth so he can sign your photo.

Jason still thinks The Lost Girls are special so you can tell him you are one of us :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:22 am

Hi Char

Thanks very much for your advise.

It's my first Comic Con, so I'll be at a loss of what to do in the first minutes, but I'll follow your advice.
Must be really crowded, they are expecting about 75000 people.

Will have to book hotel, because it's not near Lisbon, but in the Northern city of Porto. Fortunately we have a fast train.

Just hope they get more guests, some will only be confirmed late, otherwise Lucius Malfoy will be THE main guest.

Waiting to hear the timetable for the Con, then I'll be able to plan better my trip. Probably will be on my own. But still don't know if I can get company.

Anyway, I'm excited with the prospect of meeting JI, finally!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:37 am

I'm excited on your behalf. Tosca. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:03 am

1. Wear comfortable shoes.
2. Carry a backpack.
3.Have a water bottle or two. You'll want to stay hydrated.
4. Bring snacks/granola bars for much needed energy boosts.
5. Listen to all instructions.
6. Look at all the masked people. There could be a celebrity behind the mask.
7. Get in line as early as possible once you find out when Jason's panels/signings/photos are. For the panels, you'll want to be as close to the stage as possible.
8. Check out the main selling hall, if you dare (probably 70,000 of the 75,000 will be wondering about). You might find something unique that you can't live without.
9. Tell Jason when you get to the first signing/photo op. that you're with The Lost Girls.
10. HAVE FUN!!!!

BrodieCaffee

Post by BrodieCaffee » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:53 pm

I'm not gonna meet him anyway, not fussed anymore

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:47 am

Helen 8, thanks much for your list!

I'll certainly follow your advice!

BrodieCaffee, don't despair!
It may happen, the man is still young and is doing loads of Cons. You'll get your day, may take time, but can still happen.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:47 am

I would love to go to one of these overseas. Portugal would be fantastic. But I'd be tempted to skip the convention and go sight seeing. I've only been to the UK. I need to get to Spain, France, Germany, Portugal and Italy (amoung so many other places I have yet to visit!) So many places to see.

I'm sure they will get more actors and actresses as the event nears. The Tampa Bay Comic Con keeps listing more as that gets closer. Even though that one is quite close to me - I'm trying to get some bills paid (damn those bills!) and have decided to sit that one out.

The best advice is talk to the fans - most people are so nice. And costumes are so inventive. People go to really have fun!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:58 pm

Tosca, you should go! It was one of the most interesting things I've done in 2016. Bring your patience and a camera and don't be afraid to constantly ask people things like: "Is this the line for..." and "Can you tell me how to get to..." :D

Jason is a nice, nice man. I thought I'd be starstruck meeting him or it would be kind of surreal seeing him off of a screen, but nope. He's just Jason--a very nice man with lovely eyes who has my favorite kind of accent and is very kind and polite. And also I wanted to get his attractive friend Sean Pertwee's autograph too, because Sean also has my favorite kind of accent along with very rugged good British looks (I may have a slight issue when it comes to British men), and also he seemed nice as well. But I was too overwhelmed.

But he will sign stuff for you! He will! And if you get all tongue-tied and socially awkward weird with him like I did (because that's how I do), Jason Isaacs has a really smart brain. He will totally think up his own idea for what to write for you, even if he's jet lagged and operating on 1 hour of sleep (which, yes, he's supremely talented at acting in theatre/film/tv, but my god his travel hardiness seems to be a ginormous skill in and of itself.) Plus he got to take questions from people dressed up like bananas asking serious questions about his work, and then he got to go sign photos for princesses and zombies and zombie killers. (omg, I am SO in the wroooong job).

At any rate, it was like meeting a new neighbor, except your new neighbor lives thousands of miles away from you and has lunch dates with famous directors while hordes of strangers are always begging for your new neighbor's attention and autograph. Go! Cons are fun. If I had money and an up-to-date passport, I'd absolutely go to Portugal to do this with you. (And then I'd go to Spain for flamenco, Italy for wine, France for fromage, and the UK to find a boyfriend, in exactly that order.)

Oh, and! Y'all! I took my signed picture to work so I could show this one little 4th grade boy who's completely obsessed with Harry Potter that Lucius Malfoy gave me an autograph. But I made Jason sign a Capt Hook photo, so the little boy was totally confused. And there was an English-Vietnamese language barrier, so I'm pretty sure that little boy thinks I told Capt Hook to murder Lucius Malfoy and somehow Draco was involved and halfway through the little boy got distracted and started talking about Dumbledore catching Pokemons, and now I think he thinks Jason Isaacs invented PokemonGo. (You're welcome, Jason.)

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:04 am

I'm thinking about this Comic Con too.
Althought it's still a lot of time left to December, and I didn't decide yet. Flights from Poland are rather tricky, with changes and such, but since I discovered institution of convents, I want to travel from one to onother. I think it's a lot of fun (if only money grew on the trees).

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:24 pm

At the risk of (further) dating myself, you go, girls!!
Antoni, I suppose flying's cheapest, but would a train be an option? The only European rail I've taken is Italy's, and it was brilliant! I'd always rather travel by rail...

Return to “Conventions”